Armed response

RossEM

Yes when I was out rabbitting. They came up , I saw them walking across the field , so I unloaded my rifle and walked across to meet them.

We had a good chat about what I'd been doing, kind of obvious with a big pile of bunnies by the gate they had walked through.

They told that a member of the public had seen someone with a gun walking around so they had to come and check.

had a really good chat with them about shooting related stuff. They each had a go with my rimfire at the targets I had used for zeroing earlier. Job done they went on their way satisfied that no offence had been committed. They took my details and said they would ring me if they had any further complaints on that land before coming out.

This was in the middle of nowhere, 5 miles from the nearest house, just my luck to be spotted by the local anti.

All in all was good to make contact as I was always worried about what might happen if they turned up for whatever reason.

yes it happened to me a couple of years ago and i had the helicopter overhead and 2 response units turn up. one of the units were ok the others were idiots, it was pi##ing down with rain and they phoned me and told me stay where i was and not to move until they turned up in their nice new 4x4 with road tyres on. so when they turned up with the farmer they checked my name and asked the farmer if he had somewhere dry to complete the paperwork, the farmer said yes a barn half mile up the road. the farmer then told me to quickly jump in and off we went, when i asked him what the rush was he said "they will never get out of this field with those tyres on" and they didn't. eventually they arrived at the barn 45mins later and 2 of the idiot one's were covered in **** and mud. when i asked them how they got my mobile number they said that it was logged down when i phoned in previously, so i said if you knew i was here why did you come out and waist their time and mine, the reply was "we have used tonight as an excercise for the lads"

Edited by verminer

I have had them twice,

once a helicopter hovering over the decoys blowing them all over. (not doing the crop a lot of good either) was asked who I was, I mentioned you are parked next to my car 200yds away you know who I am.

a couple of years ago someone called the armed responce unit 6 armed cops and a dog unit arrived, oh after I had waved at the helicopter once or twice.

good practice for them??

I had the force helicopter hovering over my deeks last saturday and waited the best part of 30 mins for a armed response unit to turn up but they never did ? In the end i packed away and went home as the chopper wouldn't ****** off ;).

I rang my force's firearms dept on monday to ask for a number to ring so i could let them know where we were shooting to avoid the chopper being called out again but they could'nt give me one to ring :P;) :( :lol:

Edited by Wiggum

Not had the armed response yet but have had normal police trun up few times. As few members have said if its a repeat person they should be chraged with wasteing police time.

But one WPC said is you have a lot a people now living in country side that don't wish to understand the way thing are in the sticks, and she even went as far as saying that they should be in the country side.

Dave

Yes, twice, once an armed response vehicle and once a panda car. I haven't had the helicopter treatment. Both responded to calls by ramblers about me shooting pigeons on my own farm. In both occasions I unloaded, sleeved the gun and wandered over to clarify the position, with no action being taken against me. The ramblers were sent packing.