US dealers?

cdb

I might be after a Mossberg 500. I see them on US websites for $300, i.e. much cheaper than over here. The problem being, none of them will post to the UK. I'm fed up with Googling. Anyone know of a cheap US dealer than will post to the UK?

as said, forget about it. Over here you're looking at 350. At the moment, you're looking $300 in the US. If you find a dealer to ship one, then you're talking $50. That's $350. That puts you at 220 quid incurred at current exchange on the US side. Now once you get it here you'll get import duty and VAT. VAT will be 17.5% on 350 quid (the UK equivalent value) or another 60 quid. Plus import duty will be another of the same. So you're already looking at 340 quid, plus whatever your local dealer charges you to receive the gun.

Unless you are talking about a very high end gun or a fairly high end gun you've gotten a great deal on, it isn't worth dealing with shipping guns back and forth to save money.

Thanks

Rick