Eley Real Tree Cartridges

My local cartridge supplier is selling these cartridges for £76 for 500. They work out at £3.80 a box for 30g x 6.5 shot. They are pretty cheap compared to other pigeon cartridges on the market and I was just wondering if anyone used them and what they thought of them.

Are they any good and what is the downside to them?

:lol:

I have used these RealTree carts and Eley HB Pigeon and to be honest I can't tell the difference though I am pretty new to shotguns so the more experienced might have a different story. I do think the 30g RealTree's have slightly less recoil than the 32g HB's but with the RealTree's being green, they are a lot harder to find if you drop them or use a semi-auto. I was sick of searching for carts when I had the semi-auto.

Good price on them though (are they fibre wads?) and I would buy them for sure.

got a box of these given me by samw wasnt impressed with them at all , seemed to cover the inside of my barrel in plastic took a good few passes with the rod to get them off ! and have a really short brass what kept catching on the lip of the barrel so could not close the gun

yeah these are good not for the semi-auto tho lol really good in the o/u tho not really had the chance to try them at the woodies tho ryan you need a new cleaning kit mate yours is pants lol mine works great *****

Guest topshot_2k
My local cartridge supplier is selling these cartridges for £76 for 500. They work out at £3.80 a box for 30g x 6.5 shot. They are pretty cheap compared to other pigeon cartridges on the market and I was just wondering if anyone used them and what they thought of them.

Are they any good and what is the downside to them?

:lol:

where is this supplier? im in northampton

Thanks for the feedback. The supplier is Garretts game dealer in flore just off the M1 at J16. Go into flore and turn left after the pub and you will find him 100 meters down on the right hand side. Great bloke who has a game dealership from some outbuildings next to his house. He has a small shop which sells cartridges, decoys, dog whistles, bouncers, flappers etc. Really good prices and a down to earth attitude, cash only. Buys pigeons, rabbits etc and gives really good advice too. Not many of that sort of dealer left now :blush: Always has time to answer any questions, can't speak highly enough of the guy. If you live in the area you should give him a try

Guest topshot_2k
Thanks for the feedback. The supplier is Garretts game dealer in flore just off the M1 at J16. Go into flore and turn left after the pub and you will find him 100 meters down on the right hand side. Great bloke who has a game dealership from some outbuildings next to his house. He has a small shop which sells cartridges, decoys, dog whistles, bouncers, flappers etc. Really good prices and a down to earth attitude, cash only. Buys pigeons, rabbits etc and gives really good advice too. Not many of that sort of dealer left now :blush: Always has time to answer any questions, can't speak highly enough of the guy. If you live in the area you should give him a try

thanks, yes i know him will take a trip over there see what else hes got :blush: