Semi Auto AL390

Condor

Saw a very attractive Beretta AL390 today, special edition Lioness, with fancy leather motor case included- it was available to try at the shop and I'm so glad I did, haven't had as much fun in ages!! Took it out on a few Sporting stands and just hit everything, light as a feather and almost no recoil, it really boosted my confidence, which has really been knocked about in recent weeks, no end!! I gather the AL 390 is quite well thought of, and this seems to be a limited edition gun, I'm told only 1576 were ever made, worldwide. Great condition, obviously well-looked after. Did a part-exchange on my Browning Medallist, my "first" gun, which I never use. Watch out Beretta World next year (hahaha...not!) <_< I'm chuffed with it, its good-looking and seems to do the business!! :hmm:

Sorry about the lack of pics PDLM, will take some tomorrow and post them when I collect the new toy from the shop.....I didn't have the Medallist with me when I bought it, so am returning to collect!!! It is a gun of great beauty, I must say (not biased of course!). Never thought I'd wax lyrical about a guns "good looks" , but hey, we surprise ourselves sometimes!!! <_<

I was the tall scuffy unshaven guy in the black jumper :hmm: who was there when you took it out to shoot.

I was trading me mirook in. I had a good look at the lioness last week fantastic looking gun <_<

will have a cuppa nex time i see you there

Well believe it or not I traded my miroku mk38 for a miroku mk38 :)

I had a 32 inch miroku but changed it for a 30 inch :hmm:

I got to wait a week thought till they get one in

I should have got the 30 inch in the first place <_< ....you live and learn as they say.

Also looking at one of them benelli crio supersports

That lioness did temp me. Im glad you bought it. saved me a fortune :good:

Edited by Anni

Right.....have taken a few pics of the engraving and the wood.......will do some more when I'm out shooting on the weekend. Be nice now, its my first efforts at attaching photos!!!!

As a matter of interest, why are top-notch semi-autos relatively "cheap" compared to good O/Us?

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Great shotgun. I'm sure they made a limited number of the Lioness version, but there are many 390's in the world. It is an easier gun to clean than the 391 without the additional parts on the gas shroud, and virtually all the recoil reduction. It is a cult favorite clays gun of many in the US as well.

Good buy.

Pete

I believe the limited edition was made around 1998 or so and they cost around £1000 then, which was an awful lot more than £1000 today. I've seen advertised prices in the US and here on one or two sites, given that there aren't many of these around, for around £1800. I paid £895 and was very happy with that as it is in excellent condition and is an absolute joy to use. The accessories and chokes /manual are also still with it, only thing missing is the actual paper certificate stating it is number 438/1526. I think if Beretta made something similar today they would sell for a few grand new, bearing in mind that the semi-auto's are not the most expensive guns new in any case.

Tried DTL for the first time today since I started shooting approx 6 months ago and the Lioness completely vapourised some targets using only 21g loads - no felt recoil, which is also great given the bad time I had initially with cheek and shoulder bruising with my O/U!!! I know DTL guns have raised ribs and long barrels and all that, but this flat-ribbed 28" semi-auto certainly did the business. It didn't seem to realise that it isn't a Trap Gun!!! ???