trigger kits

sapper063

right lasses and lads i hear a lot about these trigger kits but what if its your first cz 452 how would you know if it is a good trigger or not, as im tight fisted(wife says) so i dont want to spend money if i dont have to, seriousley how can you tell when a bought it i was told it was pulling at about 2lb but that meant didderly swat to me , is it really worth it :yp:

right lasses and lads i hear a lot about these trigger kits but what if its your first cz 452 how would you know if it is a good trigger or not, as im tight fisted(wife says) so i dont want to spend money if i dont have to, seriousley how can you tell when a bought it i was told it was pulling at about 2lb but that meant didderly swat to me , is it really worth it :yp:

Yes it is very much worth doing, I have 3 CZ and have fitted out another 4 for other shooters, all of who have said the triggers are much improved by being lighter, the mod takes no more than 15 mins and takes up the creep and awful time lag between coming on to target and actually releasing the sear, some CZ are perfect from the factory but most are not and the trigger pull weight differs from gun to gun, having done my own guns I would say its a great improvement at very little cost.

Rgds D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn

If as you say the trigger is at 2lb pull on a new one,that's great,most new Cz's are around 5lb when new,all my Cz's are fitted with spring kits,i've not used the little tube at all in mine as i'm happy with the way it is.

Alan :look:

mine passed a 5 mile an hour out the window of the Frontera on to gravelled track test.

The scope failed (now fixed by two blokes leaning on it in opposite direction) and there's a nasty gouge in the stock.

But the trigger is joy, i used the medium spring from the kit

Mine fail a drop test. I've tried it. Is it really that bad?!

From what you say you have gone too light, its not safe and you should never rely on the safety.

If I where you I would go back a spring pronto,

You would be Billy No Mates as far as I,m concerned as I certainly would not come out with you :look:

Rgds D2D.

From what you say you have gone too light, its not safe and you should never rely on the safety.

If I where you I would go back a spring pronto,

You would be Billy No Mates as far as I,m concerned as I certainly would not come out with you :hmm:

Rgds D2D.

Quite rightly, you should never rely on a safety. However, you have to remember that the safety on a rifle completely disengages the bolt and it is impossible to fire the gun with the safety on, as it's actually put a piece of metal between the pin and bolt. (Unless you manage to accidentally unclick the safety, but that's quite a careless feat)

I wouldn't ever trust a shotty safety, like I do a rifle. The fact of the matter is, if I'm carrying the rifle, it's over my shoulder, with a sling, with the bolt either open or closed with the safety on. When I'm about to shoot, the safety comes off.

My triggers are set to what I want and I know exactly what it takes to fire the gun. I tried all the springs and metal tubes in every combination and finally settled on the lightest touch ones.

I take it you will not go shooting with someone who has a target rifle then? Or am i not as trustworthy and safe as they are?

Now i really have heard one of the worst opinions on here......... :yes::hmm:

A statement of opinion doesn't end with a question mark.

If you read it properly, it's actually sarcastic.

Evidently the sign of a man trawling back though my posts to pick up on something so that you can get one over me after your slating in the airgun ban topic.

Quite rightly, you should never rely on a safety. However, you have to remember that the safety on a rifle completely disengages the bolt and it is impossible to fire the gun with the safety on, as it's actually put a piece of metal between the pin and bolt. (Unless you manage to accidentally unclick the safety, but that's quite a careless feat)

I wouldn't ever trust a shotty safety, like I do a rifle. The fact of the matter is, if I'm carrying the rifle, it's over my shoulder, with a sling, with the bolt either open or closed with the safety on. When I'm about to shoot, the safety comes off.

My triggers are set to what I want and I know exactly what it takes to fire the gun. I tried all the springs and metal tubes in every combination and finally settled on the lightest touch ones.

I take it you will not go shooting with someone who has a target rifle then? Or am i not as trustworthy and safe as they are?

You possibly a very safe shot, my worry would be that the rifle might be accidently dropped and discharge with me in the way.

Target shooting as I,m sure you know is a world away from fieldsports and a very strict discipline with its own set of range safety rules.

Im not criticising you, my rifles are all set with very light triggers but I have drop tested them and I have no such concerns when out with mates.

Rgds D2D.

I've done the triggers on all my Cz's, but, tried the tube and it failed the drop test,so OUT in came,I certainly would not want to take it into the field as such.The trigger can be lightened just a little more by screwing up the adjuster,but, it only makes a VERY small difference. :hmm: