1st time on the pigeons

cheryl

If someone mentioned to me that I would actually like pigeon shooting as much as clay shooting then I would have told them that I would put money on it that I wouldn't BUT....

Armed with a book just incase I died of bordem, we went out with all the kit (OMG how much stuff do you need) and set up the hide put out the funny little decoys and sat and waited which was all of a few minutes and one flew past, up I got and took a shot only to be told that if I waited it would have come closer and I wouldn't probably not have missed at 70 yards. After having some coaching off the better half and being told to be patient again and again (which I don't do) a few minutes later another came and another and another......

A couple of hours later which seemed like a few minutes we were still shooting and they were still coming and the total bag finished at over 150.

I was sceptical at the start and laughed if I am honest at seeing all these hides and people in camouflage but when you are really doing it it is great.

Now what should I do when it comes to the weekend go clay shooting on sunday or go and shoot some pigeons? No question really, pigeons I think bring it on.

Cheryl

Welcome to the crazy world of real pigeon shooting. :yes:

150 birds is an excellent bag and I wish it was always like that..................., but it isn't.

You also get the cold, damp days in Winter when nothing is flying and having lost the will to live hours ago, when two birds eventually show over the decoys, you can't be bothered to lift the gun.

I actually have The Samaritans on speed dial on my mobile. :good:

Did you find yourself shouting "Pull" every now and then ?

Welcome to the crazy world of real pigeon shooting. :yes:

150 birds is an excellent bag and I wish it was always like that..................., but it isn't.

You also get the cold, damp days in Winter when nothing is flying and having lost the will to live hours ago, when two birds eventually show over the decoys, you can't be bothered to lift the gun.

I actually have The Samaritans on speed dial on my mobile. :good:

Did you find yourself shouting "Pull" every now and then ?

Wanted to shout pull but restrained myself lol. Sounds like one good day doesn't make it a good idea to make career changing decisions, perhaps I will give it another few goes before I make any decisions. Cold and wet doesn't sound like sooo much fun.

Cheryl

Yep, Pigeon shooting is terrific sport, but unlike pheasants, you can't shoot them to order, so days of 100 plus are not that common.

Glad you enjoyed it, I think me and "Old Rooster" would have more fun last weekend shooting the Woodies than we had at Kibbo, it was such a dull shoot, the same old thing. :yes:

Cat.

Yep, Pigeon shooting is terrific sport, but unlike pheasants, you can't shoot them to order, so days of 100 plus are not that common.

Glad you enjoyed it, I think me and "Old Rooster" would have more fun last weekend shooting the Woodies than we had at Kibbo, it was such a dull shoot, the same old thing. :lol:

Cat.

It had to be done, the car was being repaired and I was working from home until Tricky decided to have the day off I had my day planned out all work and no play.

What actually happened was I worked until lunch, there was smoke coming from the laptop I was typing so fast so that I could get all the work done and have a clear afternoon Pigeon shooting.

It was great a little overcast and windy but another bag of 140 + and my first 2 crows.

They didn't come as thick and fast as last time but the trickled in nicely. May go again at the weekend could get used to this.

Cat now that Rooster is back are we shooting this weekend? I thought I might go shoot a few hundred at West London on Saturday and not sure what's on Sunday, and are you saying Kibby was not good cause you didn't shoot it well :good:

Cheryl