Help with getting my fishing gear back (Blyth northumberland)

Lord Geordie

Long shot!

went fishing at Blyth in Northumberland yesterday with my Girlfriends son had a few hours there then needed to go get some grub for us both so left him watching the rods.

Some guy on the other side cast HIS GEAR over my lines and then pulled ending up pulling on the rods. The young un grabbed one of the rodsd and held on for dear life but the other went in! :yes:

When I got there the young lad was beside himself in panic having lost one rod and this guy carrying on pulling :yes:

The chap just kept on yarking and eventually the end tackle broke away on the remaining rod so we relled the line in and I shouted over to tell him to keep pulling the line in as my rod and reel were on the other end of it.

Eventually he hauled in the gear ( my Shakespear spinning rod and my Dads Abu Garcia MAGIII multiplier.

I jumped in the car to make my way over (A 20 min trip back onto the ashington road then off to Cambois)

When I got there he and his mate and kids had ******** off :yes:

I was told the moment I left they packed up quick smart and sped off with my gear :good:

I got a description of the chap he was dressed in a black tracksuit with a newcastle united footy t shirt on and had a nipper (kid) with him.

His mate had 2 kids and they made off in a GREEN ford focus MK1 and a silver-grey BMW 318? 03 or 04ish

If any of you lads know who these lads are can you get in touch? I dont give a flying fig about the rod but i would like the reel back as it belongs to my Dad and has sentimental value as it was bought for him by my Mum as an anniversary present years ago and it's been that well looked after it looks like it has JUST been taken out of the box!

The reel has had the level wind removed for distance casting and still has the origional round handles on.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have been in touch with the police but to be fair I dont think they are that interested :blink:

Can i ask a favour and ask you lads who may be affiliated with fishing clubs or forums to post a link to this for me please? I have already placed it on the NESA forums as I am a member there.

All help getting this reel back will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

try typing fishing for the area you were at into google.if any clubs come up they may have web sites,they may have had someone fishing there who might have noticed the incident and can give you some info.some right scumbags out there,good luck.