Wheatabix ?

Tommyfecky

The area in which I decoy has always been planted with Barley in the past and has attracted great numbers of birds.This year however the farmer has gone for almost all wheat .Are pigeons as partial to the wheat ? Someone told me that they love it even more so when its laid and not as much when its stubble .Any truth in this ? :devil:

When its laid and milky matie, they will give it a right old hammering. And you can have some fine sport. Also the stubble can produce good bags too. I have personally shot bags over the 100 on wheat stubble so roll on summer. A few Rain storms would be nice, with some strong wind to help get some good lays can help. Are they on the barley WILL says they are, I have not found any just yet. But I have on the Spring Rape. So lads whats the verdict.

A few Rain storms would be nice, with some strong wind to help get some good lays can help.

If you have got a good crow and rook population near your wheat fields, you won't need wind and storms, they will make some lovely shooting patches as they beat it down for the insects etc.

After the crows have done, the pigeons take over with a vengeance.

One of our farms has a large population of crows and we have had some great days shooting them and then the pigeons over the wheat fields.