Good News Pigeon Shooters!

Evilv

noticed the bit about the "increased sightings of song thrush" well in my garden they are back as nesters and visitors? last year we had none but for some reason the reapearance has coincided with the dissapearance of maggies that were nesting in a tree next door? wonder what happened to them?

cheers KW

noticed the bit about the "increased sightings of song thrush" well in my garden they are back as nesters and visitors? last year we had none but for some reason the reapearance has coincided with the dissapearance of maggies that were nesting in a tree next door? wonder what happened to them?

cheers KW

It must have been magic. :ernyha:

I have an allotment which is plagued by woodies. We've tried all sorts of scare tactics to little avail. I'd like to shoot them, but since it's council property in a city, (although surrounded by trees) I suspect they'd go mad if they heard we were slaughtering their avian brothers... Maybe in the interests of not creating another 'gun incident' and bringing further disrepute on air gunners, I'll just have to watch the bug*ers gobbling my produce.

cheers KW

Did someone not hang them like the monkey?

:ernyha:

I have an allotment which is plagued by woodies. We've tried all sorts of scare tactics to little avail. I'd like to shoot them, but since it's council property in a city, (although surrounded by trees) I suspect they'd go mad if they heard we were slaughtering their avian brothers... Maybe in the interests of not creating another 'gun incident' and bringing further disrepute on air gunners, I'll just have to watch the bug*ers gobbling my produce.

That's the Joy's of today's Labour / Liberal Council's

not worth the risk of Shooting without written permission

Which Doubt they will give.

Remembering a old Allotment holder trick of soaking seed - wheat

in Alcohol

Used to catch them as they staggered around

also local cat population used to have good day's.

Also remembers years ago when not a problem of shooting with a Air Gun on alloments.

Shot a Pigeon in a High tree , which glided down on to road about 50 Feet away

Op's

BOB/R

Roblade,

I was taking the ****.  B)

Some members on this site seem to think a close season is imminent.  :ernyha:

Mark.

The law doesnt take into consideration such details before introducing legislation. :lol: In Italy it is absolutely full of magpies, feral pigeons and sparrows, vermin of all sorts but they have a summer closed season where you may not even shoot at all. :lol:

PS. But makes more shooting in the open season i suppose! :lol:

Edited by The_Craws

That's the Joy's of today's Labour / Liberal Council's

not worth the risk of Shooting without written permission

Which Doubt they will give.

Remembering a old Allotment holder trick of soaking seed - wheat

in Alcohol

Used to catch them as they staggered around

also local cat population used to have good day's.

Also remembers years ago when not a problem of shooting with a Air Gun on alloments.

Shot a Pigeon in a High tree ' date=' which glided down on to road about 50 Feet away

Op's

BOB/R [/quote']

Yes Clubshot - I think you're right about the likelyhood of getting permission, although technically, we are the tennants and occupiers of the land (I am a committee member and the secretary is twisting my arm to shoot them).

As for the other solutions, the alcohol one sounds quite good. How pi*sed do they have to get, before you can pick them up? Knowing our luck, they'd probably fly away and come back next day with a headache... LOL

shoot them with the air gun i still go and shoot pigeons on a small alotment to help out if theres a law saying you cant i have not herd of one decoy them on to the ground if its a built up area dont shoot them out of the trees you gona get some nosey sod saying something :ernyha:

Edited by blackthorn687

it was the secretary who gave me permission i thought it was self regulating how you control pests the alotment i help out on is only60mtrs wide the police have bean up there when i have bean shooting and never said a word just go careful

Edited by blackthorn687

Seems like it's a common sense issue again.

It looks like we are going to get an allotment (with the father in law) so if the chance arises I'll be down there as well. Sod the digging I'll lay up and get the blighters :lol:

Get some chickens on it Snakebite. They're the most productive thing you can do with a small bit of ground.

seems to me people are not bothering with allotments young people dont wont to no to much like hard work. the two allotments i shot on ones gone back to the council and i have herd the other one is going back aswell. the first allotment is now being turnd into a woodland walk hundreds of treese planted. i walk me pup there the amount of rabbits running about very temted to nip in in the early hours of the morning :lol:

Edited by blackthorn687

I'll probably shoot them by mistake :lol:

I would love to keep chickens. The father in law was going to move to a house in the surrounding countryside but it all fell through. Hence the allotment. He was going to keep chickens at the new house.

Quite what this has to do with air rifles and or pigeons I'm not sure but any way I'll try to keep it on track in future! B)

Ive got nearly fifty - 26 layers and 20 meat birds... Well, I've eaten six so maybe I should say I've got 40 now.... :lol: A lot more meaty than pigeons and easier to catch, as well.

Edited by Evilv

It's a lot of chicken **** - yes - but the 20 fattening chickens have eaten 500 pounds (weight) of food in 14 weeks!

Thirteen more to go. At least I know they have a good life running around in the sun and eating me out of house and home. It's like a chicken holiday camp here. I can't eat them all and will have to give some away or keep feeding the swines. Maybe I should buy another freezer. They've cost me a fiver each now to get them this big but even the hens will be about eight pounds live weight.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Evilv