.17hmr ammo.

Gemini

My FAC is in for renewal at the minute and I too am asking for a .17 HMR. I am looking at a Weirauch. Check out the HW66 http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/englisch/e_s...ite/e_index.htm

They have got such excellent triggers!

My brother in law (a registered gun dealer) can get them - they are all imported from Germany. I've got a nightforce on a .308 that I am going to replace with a meopta and then put the nightforce on the Weihrauch.

FT

Webber, I’m getting a CZ American. I have never really been a fan of the older CZ rifles due to that “Hogs-back” comb, but I do like the American.

I have put a holding deposit on a lovely little rifle with an absolutely beautiful bit of wood on it. I have also been in touch with South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies to see about a new trigger set-up, which only costs £12.50 for the bits and pieces to tart up the original. :lol:

G.M.

On a different note. What price are you paying for:

- .222??

- .22 Hornet??

im not to sure about the .222 but the hornet is roughly about £20 for 50, what kind of prices are people paying for .22-250 because im getting 20 winchester super x pointed soft points for £15

and here is a photoshop of what it should look like in a few weeks,

hopefully with a moderator when i get around to getting a variation, an adjustable recoil pad, if i can get the current one to fall off, and a niko sterling night eater 6-24x56 with 30mm tubes

im not going down the york supplies route, im having my tame gun smith fiddle with it, when i get aroudn to it, he has allready stoned the trigger, which improves the 1st stage alot

post-18-1120752502.jpg

the trigger is actually a 2 stage unit, it just has very poor surfaces, so the standard unit feels like one big long squish, infact once its stonned you can feel the slack in the bearing surfaces being taken up and then there is a wall that you hit until a very clean break.

the kits that you get provide a tube that is inserted to take out some of this movement, so gives the impression of a 1 stage trigger, and the lighter spring puts less pressure on the sear, giving an even cleaner more consistant break

Hi Nick,

New one on me !

I have fitted the brookie kits to both my CZ Style & CZ American - before that they both just had horrid triggers. Not 1 stage or 2 stage just lots creep and heavy too.

Now, with the brookies fitted, they are both a pleasure to shoot - the bunny's don't agree though :lol:

Good luck in getting your trigger fixed.

Cheers

AndyCM

lol, yes this thing has only been in my hands for a few months, probably accounted for a fair few

you wouldnt notice the 1st stage until you have it stonned

and that is why the kit comes with that little tube, to remove the movement in the trigger.

Nick when I took the plastic butt plate off a friends rifle, it was recessed tightly into the stock, and needed a little force to shift it. :lol:

I screwed an over-sized screw into one of the holes and used it to pull the pad loose a little at a time. Take care and pull a little at a time. B)

G.M.

A Nightforce whilst a top scope is a little OTT for a 17, I have a Simmons 6.5 - 20 x 44 and it works a treat as out to 125 yards you hold dead on with no need of fancy reticules and out to 150 we're only talking 3 inches or so of holdover.

gemini, thanks for the tip, i will try it, do you know what model it is, as my rifle has a rubber butt pad with a plastic base, but im pretty sure its glued,

none the less, i have nothing to loose as the next thing to do is have it band sawed off :lol:

Hi Nick,

New one on me !

I have fitted the brookie kits to both my CZ Style & CZ American - before that they both just had horrid triggers. Not 1 stage or 2 stage just lots creep and heavy too.

Now, with the brookies fitted, they are both a pleasure to shoot - the bunny's don't agree though :lol:

Good luck in getting your trigger fixed.

Cheers

AndyCM

i agree with the cz american. quite a heavy trigger.

• 4 years later...
Mike

Where do you shop for 17hmr in Stockton? I was quoted £14 a box of 50 near me yesterday, I visit Stockton through work and could combine a trip.

Andrew

:good::yes::lol: :lol:

You have dug this thread up from 5 years ago prices may have increased a bit all the same i pay £12 a box on Remingtons at my nearest rfd

George

Edited by groach1234