Alone in the Wild

Lancs Lad

He probably could have done much better if he had been allowed to shoot the caribou - but he had to obey the canadian laws on hunting, which sort of makes it that much harder to survive really. In a real survival situation where there were no restrictions he may well have done ok.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt kind of embarrassed watching him. I never saw him make a cup of pine needle tea. When he cooked his fish he always made them look disgusting. He worried too much about the beutiful wildlife and not enough about how he was going to eat it.

He did not have the survivors instinct and if his predicament had been real he would have died.

If he had made himslef a good shelter he could have a good nights sleep not worrying about bears instead of the pathetic excuse for a shelter he made.

I think he failed because he did not work hard to provide himself with the comforts of food and warmth.

Maybe i watch too much Bear Grylls etc, but he should have been eating anything and everything to survive.

Bit too zen for me.

Ian

I watched it last night. He was really getting on my wick with all the girlie grizzling and crying and whinging about wanting to talk to someone. Why not paint a face a rock and call it Wilson. Worked for Tom Hanks.

I foind myself shouting at him through the TV several times. The other half told me to shut up as I sounded like Baldrick watching Countryfile.

I am still on the fence.

One half of me thinks that he is a compelete tart for the reasons so manu of you have mentioned already. But then there is a niggle in the back of my mind that does have sympathy with him.

What is clear is that being thrown into that situation was not dealt with as well as could have probably been done, but without actually doing it myself or seeing hiw someone else coped I will never know.

Does throw up a couple of questions for

me.

1. Could I do it? I would like to think I could in a survival situation, but I think having the radio and emergency beacon is probably just enough comfort for

me nit to take it

seriously. I would miss home and not last the 12 weeks. If I was the victim

of a plane crash and I had the same equipment ( doubtfully) I rekon I could last.

2. If he had, had some training could

he have done better? Probably, almost certainly.

3. If he did not have the sat phone etc would he have done better? Probably

Still a good programme though. Would like to see someone else have a go.

Just finished watching the last one and my overall impression of the guy is he's far too weak. Spends too much time and energy either moaning or crying when it'd be better spent squaring himself away with food and shelter. Could I have done any better? I'd certainly like to think so and if not I don't think i'd find the need to cry 75 times a day!

All ths fella did was cry cry and cry a little more...... What was he thinking, and more to the point what was chanel 4 thinking? That people would think that a middle age man alone in the wild crying 24/7 would be good veiwing..? As for going hungry.... That great big moose would have been more than enough food, yeah he was told not to shoot them, but it wouldnt take much to turn camera off, shoot, skin, gut, butcher and cook, and then once belly is full turn cam on, no-one would be any the wiser.

In the end i was hoping for some bear v man fun, would have finished the series on a high in my opinuion..

I watched it last night. He was really getting on my wick with all the girlie grizzling and crying and whinging about wanting to talk to someone. Why not paint a face a rock and call it Wilson. Worked for Tom Hanks.

I foind myself shouting at him through the TV several times. The other half told me to shut up as I sounded like Baldrick watching Countryfile.

He found a moose skull and called it bruce.

Ive got to admit it was the shortest and worst survival show ever.