lost beretta front sight

airgunalex

I was shooting in the field yesterday and after a few shots using my new Beretta Urika I realised that my front aiming bead was missing :D I looked for almost Half an hour trying to find it but then gave up before I went mad :hmm: I have looked everywhere to try and find a replacement but have had no luck. Has anyone got a spare kicking about I could buy or point me in the right dirrection? it just doesnt look right with out one :yp:

Thankyou,

Alex

If you have used this gun along time and are therefore used to the sight for assisting with range plus the aesthetic then fair enough.If however you are fairly new to shotguns go without,it does make for far better target concentration and focus and therefore swing.A number of instructors remove ''sights'' from shotguns when teaching as they frankly serve little purpose other perhaps preventing canting.

I bet you won't shoot worse...although I guess the look of the gun may take a bit of getting used to.

Bloke I shoot clays with lost the bead on his beretta and ever since he has improved his average scores by 10-20%...it has forced him to shoot more instinctively I guess. Why not try without for a bit?

:good:

I ripped the bead off mine, you're not supposed to be looking at it anyway.

Sights are for rifles :hmm:

hi mate, i emailed GMK once to ask where to get one, or if they suplied them, the guy asked for my address and said he would send me one for free, it was hear the next day, i was most imperesed.

cheers, Lee

Same here, although I broke my cocking bolt, I phoned GMK, asked to speak to someone from the workshop. A new bolt was sent out that day in a jiffy bag and was on my doormat the following morning :good:

Thanks for all your replies :good: I sent GMK an email yesterday and they promtly replied this morning but they just pointed me in the direction of a berreta stockist and didnt mention sending me one which is annoying but also fair enough and im pleased that they tried to help me :good: not sure what to do next; whether to try giving them a phone call or just to cough up a few quid and get on from midway uk as they seem to have a rather extensive range :oops:

Thanks also for the comments about not using the front sight, it has to be said that when i was shooting with it off the gun did seem to be hitting most targets i pointed it at so i dont mind shooting with out it on. It's just the hole in the end that puts me off so i think i will get one some how, just to give me the choice <_<

many thanks to all and keep the suggestions comming <_<

Alex