Foxpro

barney 66

Read a bit about the foxpro range of callers and seen a few reviews,seem to be quite highly rated,what i would like to know is how much better are they than Ucaller or other similar callers,as the price is quite a lot more, is the price difference relavent to the quality of these.

If they are as good as they seem i might be interested in one,so look forward to comments from those that own and use them and hopefully like for like comparisons to other products to give me an idea,look forward to your replies,

Thanks Chris

I have the Foxpro Spitfire, and in my opinion, it is far better than the Ucaller and many others. I've used a Ucaller, Johnny Stewart and Callmaster, and they are all good quality, and will bring the foxes etc in. But the Spitfire, and others in the Foxpro range are much better. They cost a lot more, and you have to take this into consideration. It depends what you want. Most electronic callers will attract foxes, if they are in the area, but I would'nt change the Spitfire now. Another factor that you must consider is the size of the Foxpro's. They are not heavy, but obviously bigger that the other's I mentioned. I still use my Callmaster, which is attached to my top pocket on my shooting jacket.With the Spitfire,I can use it at a range of about 100 yards. I have downloaded extra sounds that suit my needs, and can add more by means of a micro SD card.

Hope this is of some help.

Steve.

As ste says above..i use the scorpion..which i use for static locations where i can put it out 100yds away with bait and sit and wait..ive had a Ucaller..and there no where near as good..i will say if you cant afford the foxpro then second best are the callmasters i have my old one and the newer model which i use when walking about as to use a foxpro you need the remote callmaster you dont.

But both are way better than Ucaller...if you can buy then buy.

Mick

I have the spitfire accounted for a dog and vixen last night, Farmer has lost a few chickens this week so set the chicken in distress call on 20 min later packing up and home. Find it excellent when shooting alone as you can place it up to a 100 meters away usually in an area where you can get the fox to where you want to take the shot safely.

I have the Foxpro FX3 that I picked up refurbed from All Predator Calls (U.S.) for around $200. It holds 32 sounds that you can choose from or program your own as Steve said. I have to admit I didn't use it much at first as I have used mouth calls so long and have good result, but as stated you can use the remote and have the animal in better position for a shot and also they are not looking at you. I employ it a lot now and take it every time out, works really well with a decoy.

One thing to save money on batteries, buy a decent AA charger. I am using the Everyready rechargeables, after some high priced junk before them. The Everready's seem to last long and take a charge pretty well. Make sure your charger has a discharge feature to drain down before recharging (thwarts memory on ni-cads)

had mine foxpro for a bit now far better than any others i had flik it no all you need to do is think about the shot then!!!! taken a fair few foxes with it!!! it got to the stage where i will not go out with out it it does get them running in GET 1 ITS THE BEST THING I,V EVER GOT FOR FOXING

I also have the Foxpro Scorpion - my 1st caller - cannot compare it with others, just read up enough about them and others. Mine has 199 calls although sounds alot, most are not worth having unless you are trying to attract white tail deer and other American animals. I experimented with the distance I put the caller out - 216 yds ok - 217 yds no signal. I tried out the various sounds on my 2 house dogs (daschunds) and found that the best were snowshoe hare, vole and distressed rat and so prinipally these are my usual calls I use. Also had good nights using one of the guinea pig sounds. This photo one night last August with N/V (and collected in the morning - always have difficulty finding them at night)

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/wyndog/DSCF0822.jpg

What I find useful with my caller is that it leaves you in complete control - you can control the volume, change the sound and mute it when a fox starts towards the caller all from the remote. It is really too easy and sometimes I feel quite guilty - but that soon wears off when I chamber another cartridge. I have whilst resting the rifle on the truck bonnet, have foxes run from behind me past the truck on the way down to the caller, because the fox is only conscience of the sound and where it is coming from. Using the caller gives the shooter loads of time to take the shot when comfortable. I have noticed a pattern with the foxes I shoot in conjuction with the caller - they usually come into the (now muted) caller quite quickly and will get to it, sniff human, retreat 30 yds or so then sit down to assess the situation providing an unhurried shot opportunity.

It also has an amazing magpie sound and sticking a flock magpie on a electric fence post a couple of hundred yards away with my (wifes actually!) garden fork stuck in the ground a few yards away for an incoming magpie to perch on especially in the spring when they are very territorial is great fun.

Expensive? yes but in my book - buy once cry once

Peter

Bought a Foxpro off Steve great lad to deal with :good: And it was a good Deal :D He even put the calls i wanted on it to

Cheers mate. How are you doing? Did you hear that Magnum nearly cut is thumb off...Ouch

I also have the Foxpro Scorpion - my 1st caller - cannot compare it with others, just read up enough about them and others. Mine has 199 calls although sounds alot, most are not worth having unless you are trying to attract white tail deer and other American animals. I experimented with the distance I put the caller out - 216 yds ok - 217 yds no signal. I tried out the various sounds on my 2 house dogs (daschunds) and found that the best were snowshoe hare, vole and distressed rat and so prinipally these are my usual calls I use. Also had good nights using one of the guinea pig sounds. This photo one night last August with N/V (and collected in the morning - always have difficulty finding them at night)

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/wyndog/DSCF0822.jpg

What I find useful with my caller is that it leaves you in complete control - you can control the volume, change the sound and mute it when a fox starts towards the caller all from the remote. It is really too easy and sometimes I feel quite guilty - but that soon wears off when I chamber another cartridge. I have whilst resting the rifle on the truck bonnet, have foxes run from behind me past the truck on the way down to the caller, because the fox is only conscience of the sound and where it is coming from. Using the caller gives the shooter loads of time to take the shot when comfortable. I have noticed a pattern with the foxes I shoot in conjuction with the caller - they usually come into the (now muted) caller quite quickly and will get to it, sniff human, retreat 30 yds or so then sit down to assess the situation providing an unhurried shot opportunity.

It also has an amazing magpie sound and sticking a flock magpie on a electric fence post a couple of hundred yards away with my (wifes actually!) garden fork stuck in the ground a few yards away for an incoming magpie to perch on especially in the spring when they are very territorial is great fun.

Expensive? yes but in my book - buy once cry once

Peter

Hi Peter, ill sort your calls out for you if you want. Can either email them to you or if you want you can post the memory card to me and ill load it up with a shed laod of UK calls.

Edited by stevienicknacks

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am looking at possibly buying an electric fox caller.

People are saying the fox pro is better than the remote u caller but for what reason?

Are they a more clear crisp sound, louder, hold more calls, easier to use, ect?

What can the fox pro do that the remote u caller can't?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am looking at possibly buying an electric fox caller.

People are saying the fox pro is better than the remote u caller but for what reason?

Are they a more clear crisp sound, louder, hold more calls, easier to use, ect?

What can the fox pro do that the remote u caller can't?

If its any help i had the U Caller before the Foxpro that i bought off Steve and i think you will find you wont be disappointed if you buy one,and the advice you will get as well