Scope mounted foxing lamp

Shotgun jimmy

I am in the process of ordering a Xsearcher lamp, which is very similar to the NM800. Without actually seeing the NM800 in action, after listening to what some, who bought one, have said, I would say that it is far brighter than a LF170. It's a lot smaller too.

I'm sure that someone will be able to help though.

I am in the process of ordering a Xsearcher lamp, which is very similar to the NM800. Without actually seeing the NM800 in action, after listening to what some, who bought one, have said, I would say that it is far brighter than a LF170. It's a lot smaller too.

I'm sure that someone will be able to help though.

Steve are you going to scope mount this unit....? If so how?

TEH

Not too keen on the fixed torch/scope mount idea so use the infinitely variable Clulite mount. With this I'm certain that when I light up the beam is pointing exactly where the scope/barrel are looking.

Could anyone who has the NM800 kindly give the body diameter of the area in which the mount fits? This does look a tad tasty.

Many thanks,

Phil

Not too keen on the fixed torch/scope mount idea so use the infinitely variable Clulite mount. With this I'm certain that when I light up the beam is pointing exactly where the scope/barrel are looking.

Could anyone who has the NM800 kindly give the body diameter of the area in which the mount fits? This does look a tad tasty.

Many thanks,

Phil

Pretty please!

Last night I got hold of a mate of mine who has an olight m3x triton and compared itwith my scope mounted 170.

Initial thought arethat its very light and handy and ideal for foxing on foot or solo foxing within 100 yards id say!

Its not as bright as my 170 but the 170 is big and bulky! Also the torch system offers no elevation adjustment for different ranges!

On the whole the m3x was excellent and from reading about the nm800 I think thatthey are pretty close in performance.

Garry

Last night I got hold of a mate of mine who has an olight m3x triton and compared itwith my scope mounted 170.

Initial thought arethat its very light and handy and ideal for foxing on foot or solo foxing within 100 yards id say!

Its not as bright as my 170 but the 170 is big and bulky! Also the torch system offers no elevation adjustment for different ranges!

On the whole the m3x was excellent and from reading about the nm800 I think thatthey are pretty close in performance.

Garry

Have I got this right? You're saying that the m3x is not as bright as the 170 and that the m3x and the nm800 are on a par. Therefore it follows that the nm800 is inferior to the 170.

This is not what everyone seems to be saying and I'd like to be sure who is right before lashing out.

With regard to the adjustment, see if you can pick up a second hand Clulite Masterlite Supreme (name from memory, if wrong, I'll edit) c/w its mount. Ideal LR subs lamp and you'll appreciate the mount.

Edit: Supreme added.

Edited by wymberley

Many thanks,

Phil

its very variable due to design, fits on my 30mm scope body fine and would go another 10 mm at a guess. somehow you don't seem to have an issue with where its pointing it just works

Have I got this right? You're saying that the m3x is not as bright as the 170 and that the m3x and the nm800 are on a par. Therefore it follows that the nm800 is inferior to the 170.

This is not what everyone seems to be saying and I'd like to be sure who is right before lashing out.

With regard to the adjustment, see if you can pick up a second hand Clulite Masterlite Supreme (name from memory, if wrong, I'll edit) c/w its mount. Ideal LR subs lamp and you'll appreciate the mount.

Edit: Supreme added.

From what I have read on screen the m3x looks on par with the nm800, real life testing may differ.

My experience with the 170 and the m3x shows the 170 has the edge.

Garry

its very variable due to design, fits on my 30mm scope body fine and would go another 10 mm at a guess. somehow you don't seem to have an issue with where its pointing it just works

Thanks, mate, I think I'll stay with the 170 for the time being. But for possible future reference, the dimension I was after was the diameter of the actual torch at some convenient point at which you'd locate the mount. My mount is 1" in dia.

Cheers,

Phil