Squid Jigging...

DrBlox

Next Friday's high-tide and sunset time coincide so I'm going to lose my jigging virginity. I've got a flashing one and a nice set of luminous ones and I'm all set, but I'm missing an essential piece of kit.

I'm after a recommendation for a decent head torch, this has caught my eye (http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/product-reviews/petzl-tikka-plus-2-headtorch-p103507) and I'm mindful of the old adage of buy cheap buy twice - any suggestions?

Thanks

When buying such items I tend to consider how often I am going to use it.

If almost weekly, then I buy the best I can afford.

As the frequency lessens, so I move toward the cheaper end.

I have a couple of excellent head torches for my rare evening fishing sessions that I bought of eBay for peanuts, about 5 years ago.

I bought a head lamp over 7 years ago. Has 3 LED's or a micro bulb choice with double switch. I have used it for everything, from car maintainance, Fishing, Searching through the loft, Camping, Fishing and more. After 7 years I have only had to replace batteries. Even the micro bulb is still going well. It cost me the princely sum of £3.50.

The LED's are great for close work, such as tying fishing hooks, and baiting up etc! The micro bulb used with the focus ring makes a half decent search lamp.

I think it was £3.50 well spent :yes:

Petzel are great kit, but you can get cheaper silver point are good. I find having an angle change helpful cant cope with some ones that go through a flashing phase etc to get to the light, being able to add filters should be easier.

John.

The silverpoint Ranger is good for being red light first.

Edited by spinach

Try EBay

I broughta great head lamp from there.

Its rechargable 1800lm CREE XM-L T6 LED and the main beam lights over 100m and has a good light time.

at £16 you cant go wrong

give it a go

PELTY :good:

Have to agree, I got one similar and it doubles up as a Bicycle lamp. Superb piece of kit, comes with charger and battery pack and the battery seems to last forever.

The only thing I learnt about ebay is don't necessarily go for the highest lumen (lm) light you can find, usually the figures are balls. Got one from china and it had a narrow Beam and then another from the UK which had a nice wide flood beam. I got mine a year ago so I'm sure you will be able to get better now with focus too.

Don't think you'd go far wrong with this, quality for little money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Lenser-H7-Headlamp-Head-Torch-P5-Flashlight-Torch-Separate-Gift-Box/380724489218?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17234%26meid%3D1485396886166481594%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D8045%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D360697430711%26

Very good light beam, spot and flood adjustment, google them there is a video of them working

Brian

Edited by The Croc

Try EBay

I broughta great head lamp from there.

Its rechargable 1800lm CREE XM-L T6 LED and the main beam lights over 100m and has a good light time.

at £16 you cant go wrong

give it a go

PELTY :good:

Have to agree, I got one similar and it doubles up as a Bicycle lamp. Superb piece of kit, comes with charger and battery pack and the battery seems to last forever.

The only thing I learnt about ebay is don't necessarily go for the highest lumen (lm) light you can find, usually the figures are balls. Got one from china and it had a narrow Beam and then another from the UK which had a nice wide flood beam. I got mine a year ago so I'm sure you will be able to get better now with focus too.

I've just plugged this in the charger it for tomorrow and I accidentally switched it on - instantly blinding myself. Blimey that's a bright light!