Waiting time on hampshire

adi786

I found that they lie through their ***** in that office. I had 2 wasted trips to police HQ to pick up my ticket to find the variation hadnt been done. After the second trip up there, I contacted the police and crime commissioner, the independent police complaints comisioner, hampshires chief constable and the deputy chief constable. Had a phone call 6 days later saying it was ready to collect with the correct variation applied!

Don't stand for it, if they say 4 weeks and it goes over that time then complain. It's the only way to address it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years ago was applying for fac that took 9 whole long, long months from application under Merseyside, at the time fao said they had large backlog and due to ground checks under another force it took forever. Last month applied for fac variation and to have my fac deristricted (opened) Merseyside force got act together as had a very courteous phone call within 7 days of application informing me that what i had applied for had been granted and had new certificate through letterbox next day.

Hope you get it through post soon, know the waiting time can be tedious!

just seen your post which was not there when i was replying, at least you know you will have next week.

Happy days!

my FAO told me same for me he said I'll probably get mine around Xmas time if i be lucky, they were not telling me anything i raised some enquiries to relevant department that might have helped to speed up things for me but cant say. But happy that at least i know it's been processed. i requested them to pick it up, as am 25 minutes drive from them so i might drive down on Monday to pick it up, not sure what postal services they use probably 2nd class? or do they send certificates via recorded?

Finally got some updates, been told my application wont be ready for pick up today, but on monday i can pick it any time ownward 9am, 2 more days to wait, and then hopefully i can go to buy my first semi-auto....

Well done mate :good: that's good news BB

Maybe there getting on top of things :yes: hope so, mines due for renewal next year :good:

Which gun shop you buying your semi from? gunshops are a bit thin on the ground around us :yes:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to reignite an old thread but does anyone have any recent experience of Hampshire firearms licencing?

I'm still awaiting my SGC grant having had my FEO visit a month ago and haven't heard a thing. I still don't even know if my application has been/will be accepted.

The FEO had suggested it'd be done by Christmas, but that's what they said about the first world war.

Thanks

yes, Hampshire firearms department are a joke mate. They want to increase the price of shotgun and firearms certificates right

across the board. When it comes to Hampshire they should reduce it by £30. I had friends of mine wait 9 months for a renewal.

• 3 weeks later...

Three months and waiting for my grant now.

I've seen a lot of nice guns come and go in the second hand section during that time.

3 months now for a SGC renewal - a week ago was told I was in the system and it would be done when they got to it!! Queried getting a temporary section 7 and was told they would automatically send me one if my renewal was not completed by the expiry of my existing certificate (3 weeks left on it now) - so I will formally be requesting one very shortly, even if I should really believe them!!

3 months now for a SGC renewal - a week ago was told I was in the system and it would be done when they got to it!! Queried getting a temporary section 7 and was told they would automatically send me one if my renewal was not completed by the expiry of my existing certificate (3 weeks left on it now) - so I will formally be requesting one very shortly, even if I should really believe them!!

A few people I know who's ticket had expired whilst they were "in the system",were informed by the police that a temp certificate would not be issued for what ever their reasons were, they then told the police they were going to store their guns at their local gun shop, as it is against the law to have them without a valid certificate, and they will be sending the police the bill for the storage. Their renewals were on their door mats within a week.....

Edited by chrispti

I am amazed at this thread.

My original SGC application approx 5 years ago on my doorstep in just over 3 weeks... New FAC application and coterminous SGC last year back in less than 6 weeks and this was only due to my FEO not completing his paperwork before he went on holiday!

Maybe I have just been lucky???

Like other members here I am still waiting for grant of SGC having applied in October 2014. Had visit from FEO beginning of December 2014 and advised that I should receive it in January. Now into February and still waiting.

It seems that if you live in Hampshire it is simply a case of "hurry up and wait"!

I've been waiting 9 months - I've completely forgotten everything I learned at the lessons I took last summer :sad1:

That is shocking, have you rung up to enquire about it?

I feel bloody lucky being in Wilts, from posting off the application to receiving my ticket it took just 4 weeks.

Hi

This seems to happen every fourth or 5 year it dates back to the change from the three year to five year licence and at times two years overlap so massively increased paperwork for the licensing officer

Not defending him but its the system not the staff or lack of that's the problem

Best to politely enquire when you feel you have had a long wait

Hope it improves or your in a lucky year

Just my thoughts on it

All the best

Of

I've been waiting 9 months - I've completely forgotten everything I learned at the lessons I took last summer :sad1:

Is there anything unusual about your application?

This thread was started by someone who applied at the end of August last year and he got his back a while ago. It sounds like quite a few other people have started and finished the process during the time you have been waiting.

Something can't be right here.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

yup it was me mate, i had to chase them a lot, else i might be in same situation as you are, thought they would have picked up alot application, as when i was struggling to get mine, they mentioned they got new staff and they been trained to get back upto speed.

Mine took like 3 months i think last year. PM me and ill tell see if i can help :)