daystate bowkett tinkered

Richo85

Hi all. I've seen quite a few air rifles on here that have been upgraded and tinkered with by a mr bowkett.

They had upgraded shrouds and barrels etc..and looked awesome.

I have a daystate huntsman fac 30 ft lb and and interested in maybe having mine customised.

can anybody give me any advice or contact details of Mr bowkett. Have seen some of his work and it looks fab,would like to know more.

Thanks

well, I have a tuned R10, which is brilliant for everything. it wasn't done by Jb but even so it's so much better than the original! i'd say the two flagship tuned bsa's are the R10 and the S10. both super guns once tuned, although the s10 is a lot better as standard than the R10! but John will do anything, within reason! barrel length, shroud mods, internals regulator etc and by all accounts they come out performing as good as the look.

The other gun worth looking at would be the Ultra SE. That, like the R10 has a great gun locked away somewhere, but it NEEDS a tune to find it. plus it could do with a better trigger.

the thing is, all the tunings do is make the gun perform as it really should have done when it left the factory! JB used to work for them and was the principal designer of the S10, but fell out with BSA over cost cutting and quality control after his design for the S10 was built. The company that tuned my R10 have even offered a partnership with BSA to produce a limited edition or some kind of new mk, because the tuned guns were so much better than the standard, but never heard back!

because of this, it's always better to by second hand, and then send it off to a tuner of your choice. the warranty with bsa is void immediately if you have it tuned, but it's rubbish anyway. But buying a second hand one and having it tuned means you get a gun that's better than the original, but still cheaper than new!

Richo85, Mr bowkett only works on BSA,s bud,

if you want to tart your Huntsman up then have a look at the work of Huggett, he does some cracking shrouds and built in mods , they are superb looking and certainly quieten your rifle, he will also shorten your existing barrel shroud

have a look at Huggett precision products some nice stuff there and it will make your Huntsman look and sound superb

hope this helps bud

atb Evo

About twelve months ago i spoke to john . I had already had a rifle done by him but for £550 he built me a rifle based on the scorpian SE with one of his own barrels which isnt as pellet fussy as the BSA barrel well h

atbappy . also had a super ten done by him totally transformed the gun and would recomend him to anyone

Memory may be wrong but was JB an ex/retired BSA techy?

he was indeed. He designed the SuperTen. Unfortunately at the time it was incredibly expensive to make, but comparatively cheap to buy, so the profit margins weren't great. BSA's solution was cost cutting on production, causing the quality to now dive, as seen in the pig of a gun, the R10 Mk1. Both guns are great in theory. I think JB just got fed up with design being stuffed up in production so left to go freelance. BSA are poorer for it.

he was indeed. He designed the SuperTen. Unfortunately at the time it was incredibly expensive to make, but comparatively cheap to buy, so the profit margins weren't great. BSA's solution was cost cutting on production, causing the quality to now dive, as seen in the pig of a gun, the R10 Mk1. Both guns are great in theory. I think JB just got fed up with design being stuffed up in production so left to go freelance. BSA are poorer for it.

IIRC, BSA changed the spec on some parts that John designed eg changed metal components to cheaper plastic ones and ******** up the whole 'project' - with the reliability issues they then had. Because of that, I for one wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

IIRC, BSA changed the spec on some parts that John designed eg changed metal components to cheaper plastic ones and ******** up the whole 'project' - with the reliability issues they then had. Because of that, I for one wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

That's why you buy one secondhand and get it blueprinted!

Or buy a new S10, wait 2 years and get it blueprinted!