well i never

oldway

So im watching the VE party to remember when out of front window a young hen pintail walks passed so rushed about got the camera out and got a pic lol will post it later

I am getting a little worried about you mate you seem to be turning into a chatterbox, do you realise you are nearly up to 50 posts? :lol:

Regards

H

I shouldn't ever discount anything with the changes occurring with migrant wildfowl populations, weird weather etc. Its happened with other birds. We got Eagle owls here the RSPB wanted to kill them and said they were escaped captive bred but no evidence of that I have seen or heard and you might think with the money they fetch someone might be shouting "their mine?"

I know H im starting to worry myself nearly 50 post and ive been on here since 2002 lol will we get to see you at the clay ground this year lol

Martin

The last couple of months have been extremely busy for me but I am coming over soon to have a go and show ping pong the marsh :good:

I will round up a few of the usual suspects and bring them along :lol:

Regards

H

It would be intersting to see a clip or still from the video of the pintail flying as in the posted picture you can see the primary feathers ( flight feathers ) on its right side ,but none are visable on its left side ( the side towards the camera ) , Just tertial and scapular feathers. Wild Pintail are excedingly rare in England at this time of year with just a handful staying to breed and 99% away in the Arctic tundra breeding .