Respray

DazzJo

Exactly £40 per hour! Who earns £40 an hour?

Dont know a lot about the industry but I do know that if labour is charged at £40 p/h then nobody is making that for themselves!

Premises (rent or mortgage)

Rates

Gas and electric (lots of light and heat needed in a body shop)

Equipmemt leases/purchase/upkeep

Insurances

Tax, vat, accountants fees,

And probably loads of other overheads to be accounted for before you check whats left to pay a wage. Then dont forget that employees want holiday pay, paying 40 hrs a week whether you have 40hrs worth of work or not, uniform/safety gear......

£40 an hour suddenly doesnt seem that much??

Just my opinion.

Edd

Dont know a lot about the industry but I do know that if labour is charged at £40 p/h then nobody is making that for themselves!

Premises (rent or mortgage)

Rates

Gas and electric (lots of light and heat needed in a body shop)

Equipmemt leases/purchase/upkeep

Insurances

Tax, vat, accountants fees,

And probably loads of other overheads to be accounted for before you check whats left to pay a wage. Then dont forget that employees want holiday pay, paying 40 hrs a week whether you have 40hrs worth of work or not, uniform/safety gear......

£40 an hour suddenly doesnt seem that much??

Just my opinion.

Edd

The £40ph was quoted by me in a previous post, that's what the bodyshop I worked in 15 years ago charged.

It's funny, whatever your job or whatever you sell, there's always somebody on hand to complain about the price.

My response is that of "peanuts and monkeys" and that the buyer should take the arm of the competitor who's offering a much better rate. I'm still in business, so must be doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly £40 per hour! Who earns £40 an hour?

Back on topic if the man is competant then £160 is a perfectly reasonable price if he wants to earn good money for himself. I hate when people (in the trade it would appear) **** on someones job just because they dare want to earn some beer money and not be a ****...

You dont have to break things down and list materials for me by the way, ive spent many an hour working in a bodyshop.

£40 an hour is not just wages, its the cost of the unit and all the bills associated with it. My window cleaner probably earns more than £40 an hour, he charges £15 and it doesn't take him twenty minutes.

Thanks E.W I also asked him wether he could do anything with a 5 inch scratch on the corner of my rear bumper just below the drivers rear side lights... I said I'll pay the extra..he said no problem. I turned up yesterday and he had done that also for no extra charge!! When I rang him he said £160 I turned up yesterday asked how much I owed him and he said £150! So I gave him £30 extra tip as I was that happy :good: