Shooting buddies and advice wanted!

big_al_1966

Hi All, I've just taken up the hobby and am looking for someone to shoot with.

I live in East Kent and my local ground is Greenfields at Canterbury. I've got my SGC and now that I have been 'let out on my own' I am looking for people that I can amble around with so I can get to a standard where I feel a bit more confident to enter the competitions on Sundays and not make a total *** of myself!

At the moment I tend to go on a Friday if I can get the time off work but generally can be flexible.

Additionally, would anybody recommend other grounds in East Kent for open practice, as I haven't shot anywhere else yet and would like to try somewhere new?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I live in East Kent and my local ground is Greenfields at Canterbury. I've got my SGC and now that I have been 'let out on my own' I am looking for people that I can amble around with so I can get to a standard where I feel a bit more confident to enter the competitions on Sundays and not make a total *** of myself!

At the moment I tend to go on a Friday if I can get the time off work but generally can be flexible.

Additionally, would anybody recommend other grounds in East Kent for open practice, as I haven't shot anywhere else yet and would like to try somewhere new?

Thanks in advance

Dartford GC are doing 100 bird practice clays most week days but check before going, JJ's near Bluewater do a few week day practice days too and are reasonably priced. West Kent are another venue but not so cheap :whistling: but they make up for it in meticulous paths and a good club house. Greenfields is my local too and at £24 a round for members take some beating as they have so many stands where you can choose the difficulty level.

I agree with Danger-Mouse, shooters are generally a friendly bunch, find a small group of say 2-3 people and just ask if they mind you coming along, alternatively shoot there a few weeks and you'll soon slot in anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am also new to PW and shooting. I got my SGC 6 weeks ago, purchased my first gun 2 weeks after and now I have changed it again! I want to keep this one....I hope!

Anyway, I am looking for like minded shooting buddies, as all my mates are not into it. I live in the Walsall area of the West Midlands and I tend to go to Doveridge the most, as they cater for the solo shooter. I have also shot at Ian Coley in Gloucester (Not literally at him!! :D ), but I would like to try different places and I am willing to travel to try.

I am still learning all the etiquette that goes with this sport, so if anyone fancies a meet up and to tell me what I should be doing right then I welcome all. :thanks: .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ......................Someone is a funny ****!!

Any real people out there willing to help, please contact me. :good:

Yes there are a few but try not to be too ‘thin skinned’ or you might not last long! ;)

Good luck with your practice, I have posted this link before but worth a look for a newcomer to the sport. https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/CTSH.pdf

Regards

Thanks Stotto, I can take a joke as much as the next man, but seeing as I am new to all this I would have a appreciated some help from my first post, not a sarcastic response! I know how who George Digweed is and I have seen him shoot!!

I have seen that link, thanks anyway, I was hoping to meet up with fellow shooters, locally to pick there brain.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance

I have not shot Greenfields but by all accounts sounds a pretty good ground,and £24 a round is very good price in SE. Have you had any lessons?My advice would be have a few 1 2 1 lessons initially,you will learn lots and quickly from an instructor.Once you have the basics in your own head then just enter the regular shoots,you will soon meet folk......99% of folk are far nicer than they look with all their gear and badges on!!!.....West Kent paddocks wood/Tonbridge area is pretty good ground?good luck have fun.