What are the best handling shotguns in your experience?

Cumbrian

Expensive but a Holland and Holland Royal. It had everything. balance, weight, pointability, looks, wood, Engraving the full set. But that's why they cost as much as they do. it was like an extension of the body like pointing a finger at the target.

I have shot a Royal and did not think it was much better that the AYA No2 I was using at the time.

Never shot a whole lot of guns, my 687 Lt Wt game is probably the best handling but the same in 20b with 29 inch tubes is very nice to the point where had I shot more I would have to have one.

A

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Define handling ???

I'm ex military shooting everything out there plus iv'e shot shotguns since being 9 yrs old iv'e owned everything from single brls to semis,ss o/u pumps etc it's not a motorbike you point and shoot .i have won clay competitions winning £300 plus hampers etc using the clay clubs own cheap gun beating snobs with their purdy's and £2000 brownings ah if you can shoot you can shoot nothing to do with handling .get over it.when i hear this excuse oh it dont fit me bla bla or i dont like its handling bla bla its a **** poor excuse for your bad shooting skills

Bit of an Ignorant statement.

So arm length, eye sight and hand preference wouldn't be affected by the 'club gun'? I know that if that gun has a right cast,14.5 lop and 28" barrels then I probably wouldn't be able to shoot it as well as if it had left cast,15" lop and 30" barrels. They buy £2000 guns as they want to as its there hobby and if that gun gives them more pleasure and confidence then I can't see a problem.

just putting my 2pence worth........................i have always used nothing else other than a side by side......i did have an over an under...couldnt get on with it.....i am on my 2nd sxs at the moment which will see me out......i love the way it handles................

about 8 years ago i was on the skeet range...and a fella i knew turned up and there was a group of us.....and foolishly i had a go with his o/u...the reason why it was a 26" game gun and as far as o/u goes it was pig ugly and lumpy .........but when i put it in my shoulder i knew it would work for me...................and it certainly did...i smashed every clay without thinking about it..................he said it was for sale ...£500.00 quid............and i thought very seriously about it but deceided to say no................my mistake

and to this day i dont know the make or anything about the gun...other than i beleive i have never shot so confidently with another shotgun as that ......