neoprene

AberFowl

Waders...who uses neoprene?

I have Shakespeare neoprene waders, great in the colder months. Would I benefit from having a pair of other lighter nylon stretch ones?

And does anybody use neoprene wading jacket, I have been given a bison one, brand new, looks ok, fits well...anybody use them shooting? Looks to be aimed at fishermen but may suit me laid out on the mud.

I am yet to find a decent jacket that can stand been laid on mud in torrential rain and gale force winds!

I always find neoprean to hot what ever the weather. My pair have been hanging in the shed usused for the last 10 years. Find DIWA light chest waders much more pratical as long as the weather is not too warm . Not a bad price at £40 .

Edited by anser2

I always find neoprean to hot what ever the weather. My pair have been hanging in the shed usused for the last 10 years. Find DIWA light chest waders much more pratical as long as the weather is not too warm . Not a bad price at £40 .

I mainly agree, I have some plastic cammo type that I got off fleebay for £28 but one morning last season it was minus 2 and I wished that I had put the neoprene ones on.

They are good when it's really cold and muddy and wet but if you have to walk a long way on the shore to where your going to shoot from they are boiling hot and can make you chill quicker from all the sweat getting there.

Better quality waders are the answer but they cost a lot more and possibly not as durable for laying out on the shore.

Mine are hammered but they lasted 12 seasons plus alot of rough ground fishing...they are from greys of alnwick (Hardy's) top notch gear but you cook early season ;-)