kirkton marsh

tinkertaylor

hj all I'm heading to kirkton tomorrow do you guys park in the car park on the left or park at the end of the road past the car park its my 1st season on there so I'm going in daylight to have a look about and see if there any decent splashes before the high tide at 12 which is only a smallish one its more of a recce of the marsh to get to no the area also are the cattle on that marsh this time of year thanks lee

I think that the car park is the nature reserve one (not 100 % sure)

The tide on there will only come into the creeks, on top will be ok you will be looking at a 6.8m + tide to get near top. (weather conditions WILL alter this)

Look on google earth quite handy for looking there are pools on there some need a high tide to fill them then stay for a while.

Have a good trip.

Generally members park on the side of the road at the marsh access point but it's ok to park in the carpark.

If you park at the gate, leave plenty of room between vehicles. Be careful on the left side at the access gate.

It used to be a deep dyke which has been filled in so the ground can be soft.

Good luck in the morning, plenty of pools left over the bridge. Shot plenty of duck there over the years.

bit moist was a understatement it peed it down start to finish met a lad comeing of as I arrived said hed seen n missed a few mallard n teal half way out so geared up n had a good look about found a decent splash over the bridge bout 100yrds to the left put a few deeks out got settled in a creek looked round to see a mallard departing the deeks hadn't even unslipped the gun thought that's a good start but that was it sat it out till after high tide and called it quits dog had enough of the rain aswell a very soggy recce