Uber cabs

dodeer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Vince could be said for any another taxi drivers/firms as well, not just Uber... :)

True but two wrongs don't make it a right. The point you are making would only be valid if the other taxi firms are building their business model on employing similar drivers. That, unfortunatIy, may well be the case. If so, it should be dealt with as well. That is not a reason for getting away with saying "well, everybody does it" Its still benefit fraud and these Dickensian working practices should have no place in the modern world.

Of I remember correctly, uber's UK earnings go to the Netherlands, because the eu makes that possible to enjoy the Netherlands's 7% tax, and from there to the Bahamas, to be hidden in a tax haven so when the investors come looking for their money, travis the uber chap can disappear quietly.

Their drivers are mostly struggling to make ends meet, which is why they've taken the company to court to get employees benefits and a reasonably priced wage structure.

Of I remember correctly, uber's UK earnings go to the Netherlands, because the eu makes that possible to enjoy the Netherlands's 7% tax, and from there to the Bahamas, to be hidden in a tax haven so when the investors come looking for their money, travis the uber chap can disappear quietly.

Their drivers are mostly struggling to make ends meet, which is why they've taken the company to court to get employees benefits and a reasonably priced wage structure.

I'm guessing you don't shop on Amazon?

99.9% of the black cabs I get are driven by Brits.

I have never got an uber cab but people who have have told me that 99% of them are driven by immigrants (Eastern European or Asian).

I this is true then why would the PW massive, who are in general pro British and anti immigrant support Uber?

Unless of course it's just that its convenient for them!

I have never got an uber cab but people who have have told me that 99% of them are driven by immigrants (Eastern European or Asian).

I this is true then why would the PW massive, who are in general pro British and anti immigrant support Uber?

There's Brits and there's Brits, depending on where you live.

I have relatives in Cornwall who never get any other than White Brit drivers. In Leicester I'd say there is less than 5% white British cab drivers - I say that because there's loads of non white British cabbies. That's not being racist - it is a plain fact though the percentage might vary a small amount.

Edited by Dave-G

There's a pretty decent proportion of black cab drivers that are from ethnic minority groups or are ladies, and tbh the older generation of cabbies who garnered the reputation of being racist etc, are under tremendous pressure from us, the younger more forward thinking cabbies, to get with the ******* programme and stop perpetuating those old-fashioned stereotypes.

Most of us did the knowledge with black and Asian and East European men and women, and we don't care about background or origin, just how someone acts.

We all take credit and debit cards now, and go wherever the customer wants to go. Sometimes the refusal is not about the location, but simply because it's easier than telling some zombie that you won't take them because they're covered in vomit, or look like they will be in twenty minutes, but want to go half an hour away.

You say that. But we can't even manage to buy British assembled cartridges.

A lot of Muslim men drive taxis and cabs because their culture (not religion) does not allow them to work for another person. That would lower their social standing to that of a servant. So they are prepared to work in these conditions rather than get a 'proper job' which is sad. They are clearly being exploited in this form of so called self employment which really is modern day slavery.