just ordered a new torch

bicykillgaz

i've just ordered a new torch off deal extreme for $26.00 and free shipping, its a romisen RC-B12 CREE S2-WC + 2LED UV 230 LUMENS.

i've currently got a romisen rc-m4 and think its fantastic its 130lumens and i can see a good 80yrds for rabbits, i was looking to get another the same so i could leave one on my hushpower and one on my rimfire.

according to the right up you can see rabbits at well over 100m clearly and it has a good tight beam so sounds ideal for most shooting needs it also comes with a pressure switch and a uv function, you press the tail cap once for torch and again for the uv not sure if ill ever use a uv function but the extra 100lumens should be an improvement on an already decent torch.

i'll be keeping it on my .22lr i just need to make some filters now so i'd best get some more quality streets :good:

torch link its about a third of the way down

Edited by bicykillgaz

arjimlad- i'll definately put up a review when i've got it, i've been impressed with the little rc-m4 i've got so i can't wait to see this in action and for less than £20 cant be bad, i've already got a velcro gun/scope bracket off fleabay for £6 i thought it was a bit steep but it evens out as the torch is so cheap and comes with the pressure switch so i've saved £6-7 there

alpha mule- no she wouldn't notice if you got one, you know it makes sense

ozzy- not sure if it would give you the distance you might need for the hmr once you get a filter on it but depends what ranges you shoot, i could see a rabbit at 70-80yrds with my yellow toffee penny filter on my rc-m4 which is 130lumens, this beast is 230lumens so i'd expect to see a good bit further at least 100yrds plus the beam looks tighter so might be ok for you, at £18 posted you may aswell :good:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, but need to know performance :hmm:

im gonna be fitting one on my 10/22 with a red filter, range will be 50ish yards, will i have good target recognition at night using it? bearing in mind i live in ulster and lamping rabbits is illegal so it wont be rabbits im shooting :)

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

mine arrived today but not had chance to test it properly and i've nothing to make filters with till i've got hold of more quality streets, i'll keep you posted and give a full write up. first impressions are good though good build quality all o'ring sealed even the front glass and appeared bright but hard to tell in daylight, the pressure switch is better quality than the one i've got, should be off out tomorrow night with it so i'll do a write up monday probably, did manage to try and use the uv light i thought i'd have a play with my nv and it was quite good as an illuminator in my box room with the light off i'll be intrested to see how far it can be used for an illuminator outside, it was clear with out been too bright like illuminators can be at close range, i didn't get any glare off objects so quite intresting :)

Edited by bicykillgaz

• 2 weeks later...

still not got the filters sorted! should be getting some perspex cut within the next day or two though to replace the front glass to use it as an ir illuminator for my add-on, i'm planning on getting extras cut and if it works will happily send you one if you need one. i'm happy with the torch can see tree's at about 90-100yrds so would show up fox's eyes so not bad for a cheapie, well made and everything is sealed with 'o'rings so its pretty water resistent and the pressure switch is good and has a slightly longer cable so ideal for when i've got it mounted on the hushpower, the other was on full stretch. just need the filters now and i'm sorted!

Still waiting for mine to arrive the tracking facility is pants, last tracked leaving hong kong 30-04-10 probably strapped to a pigeon :good:

They do turn up in the end as my order was torch an mount, torch came within a week b***** bracket 3 weeks :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

mine arrived today, only gripe is there was no batteries included and ive had a nightmare finding those 3v batteries lately (my laser takes them) so ill be getting the rechargeable ones soon.

havnt had it out yet except in the back garden, put a red filter on it, might be a bit too dark, hopefully get out tomorrow or thursday to test it properly :thumbs: