CZ Varmint .17hmr

kip270

:lol::lol::P Well i just couldn't wait so here she is my .17hmr CZ Varmint topped with a 4-16x50 scope (got another on order 6-25x56) and a ASE UTRA mod, got some CCI ammo to try out, just want this wind to stop :P

(sorry not the best pics, but had to take them before the other half gets home from work :good::yes: not that we are together now anyway :no: )

Will take some better pics tomorrow, unless i am out shooting :)

-12.jpg

nice one kip :good: the cases split with cci ammo in mine?? just as accurate as everythin else just dont like the cases splitting

I'll keep an eye on that, but that is the only ammo my local RFD has :good:

its stll acurate ammo just makes me feel uneasy with the cases splitting, never happens with hornady stuff

Ive, its the new Stoney point quick attach bi-pod, you put it on when needed and when not in use, just put it in your pocket(i have made a holster for it) can be used on all rifles, and clips on in seconds :good: Got it from Cabelas £55 for the bi-pod and three extra attachments and shipping :good::wub:

stoneypointbi-pod012.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod010.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod008.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod004.jpg

stoneypointbi-pod003.jpg

nice stock for a CZ is that the deluxe version?

It looks very nice, just imagine soon you will be out on a summers evening with the light warm breeze, a rifle and bunnies being a pest :good:

It's just a Varmint 20" barrel, will take some better pics on the weekend :good:

Looking good there Kip :good: What make is that scope?

John its a Zero Option scope, these were made for Webley before they went bust, i have the same scope on my .22 rimmy as well, paid £60 each for them, but i have a Millet 6-25x56 to go on there when i get it from my mate :good:

Congratulations, the best of luck with it Kip :wub:

Keep us up to date. :lol:

Frank.

Sure will Frank, i'm looking forward to zapping some vermin :lol:

nice have fun :lol:

Sure will :lol:

Nice kit Kip,

That package will provide hours of fun & lots of bunnys, crows etc.

Happy zeroing - when it's windy I just zero 1/4 inch high at 50 / 60 and that's better than not playing :lol:

Went out this evening but there was a strong easterly wind, blowing at 10-15mph at least, so put a few rounds through her, ordering a Brooks trigger kit tomorrow :yp:

The silencer looks a lot like one I've got on a .22 r/f (on kip's) has it got a smaller tube inside with a load of little baffles set at an angle inside it? Been trying to find out what it is for ages, any ideas?

I'd like a .17 but I need to get police approval for the land I shoot on first. :lol:

It's a ASE UTRA rimmy mod, and yes the baffles are on a strange angle inside :good:

If you have a .22rimmy the Police would give you a .17hmr no problem, as they deem it a safer round than the .22 because there is less chance of ricochet :good:

I had a look at the clearence for the floating barrel, and can't slid a piece of paper under the barrel :lol: :yp: so Saturday i will be doing a bit of work on the stock :wub::lol:

The silencer looks a lot like one I've got on a .22 r/f (on kip's) has it got a smaller tube inside with a load of little baffles set at an angle inside it? Been trying to find out what it is for ages, any ideas?

I'd like a .17 but I need to get police approval for the land I shoot on first. :/

It's a ASE UTRA rimmy mod, and yes the baffles are on a strange angle inside :good:

If you have a .22rimmy the Police would give you a .17hmr no problem, as they deem it a safer round than the .22 because there is less chance of ricochet :good:

I had a look at the clearence for the floating barrel, and can't slid a piece of paper under the barrel :lol:??? so Saturday i will be doing a bit of work on the stock ;):D

I'm only allowed my .22s for target shooting, though I use shotguns on this land and my mate's (apparently) allowed to use his .22 on the same land so, when I can afford to, I'll be trying to organise it :good:

And yes, floating barrels are the way foreward - my anschutz target rifle's got about 1/2" all the way round and you'd be hard pushed to find a more accurate rifle. And remember - don't clean the barrell AFTER you shoot, do it before. The grease coating on bullets nowerdays will leave a protective film in the barrell and modern primers aren't corrosive :lol:

What sort of range do you get with them? I've used .22s on rabbits to about 180yds (yes, I'm just about a good enough shot) But I'd like to give a .17 a go :P

You've shot rabbits at 180 yards with a .22? Is that a .22wmr? If your mate doesn't have an open ticket, the police will have the land cleared already unless he's being a bad boy. All you need to do is provide a permission letter from the farmer, and you should get a change of condition on your ticket without any trouble. HMR should also be allowed on any land fit for .22lr :good:

I've used .22s on rabbits to about 180yds (yes, I'm just about a good enough shot)

222 maybe but a 22 r/f :good:

I **** yee not, though I must admit it was more a case of aim really high and see what happens the first time, done it a few times now.

In fact, I've just spent the last two hours of daylight whacking them at just over 110 from the other side of the field, 9 again - never made double figures yet :good: lol The rifle's just a standard cz .22 r/f. I used to shoot target rifles for britain, came 4th in the british champs and was well on the way to the c/wealth games until I discovered women :lol: what was I thinking ;)

You've shot rabbits at 180 yards with a .22? Is that a .22wmr? If your mate doesn't have an open ticket, the police will have the land cleared already unless he's being a bad boy. All you need to do is provide a permission letter from the farmer, and you should get a change of condition on your ticket without any trouble. HMR should also be allowed on any land fit for .22lr :good:

I think his is an open ticket unfortunately, though I'll try anyway.