starlings

leigh

• 1 month later...
(leigh @ Sep 29 2009, 09:51 PM)

I wish I could but my near neighbour is a rspb fanatic and looks out every time I fire at the rabbits in my garden.

(leigh @ Sep 29 2009, 10:13 PM)

my mate got a 410 with a modarator on it will give that i try. don't wont to upset next door they let me shoot and ferret rabbits on there land

Eh?

That would be the difference between "next" and "near" :hmm:

Edited by Colster

I am a fan of the RSPB and a birdwatcher, yet I still shoot.

Amazed at how many people fail to see the connection between the two. Surely BASC gives it away... Shooting AND Conservation :good:

Nothing wrong with a bit of birdwatching i'll agree, but the RSPB would ban ALL shooting of live quarry given half the chance. I think you'll find their idea of conservation is totally different to the BASC's take on it too.

Guest rimotu66
my mate got a 410 with a modarator on it will give that i try. don't wont to upset next door they let me shoot and ferret rabbits on there land

I'd try and put up with them mate, not worth losing your permission or falling out with nieghbours... really not worth it where guns are concerned..just my 2p.

I know they are noisey but great to watch them as all the small flocks come together as one .

I watch them while out Wildfowling i think they are fantastic,but doubt if i would want them in my back garden....the sparrows make enough noise.

Conservation is a strange old thing and I believe that we should protect various species but as always there are people in these different organisations which are out to stop shooting altogether regardless.... But I believe that the Shooting and the Conservation world should always work together.

They had big problems with them in Brighton.

They used a Starling distress call played over a loud speaker to scare them away.

It was on the BBC news about four months ago, but I can't find the article at the moment.

From what I remember they played it once, and the vanished for a week, then just played it again each time they tried to come back.

HTH

Cooter :hmm: