West Yorkshire info, might be handy.

Peter De La Mare

Why not obey the law ??

I was thinking the same thing myself :good: Im married with young kids, and i want to be around as long as possible. Whatever we THINK we know about driving fast, means **** in the real world.

Inappropriate speed should be dealt with harshly, but how often do you see un-marked

cars outside schools in the morning/home time?

How can someone get points (and therefore possibly be banned) for driving a modern car

at 85 on a clear empty stretch of motorway in good visibility?

It's a farce.

Nial.

Well, i never see unmarked cars, as they....are.........unmarked :good: Im looking at the raod, not spotting hidden police. If you are too busy looking for these, whilst driving outside a school, i think you should pay more attention to the road, instead of spying. Have you ever seen a kid get run over? Its not a pretty sight.

Well, i never see unmarked cars, as they....are.........unmarked :good:

If you've never picked out an unmarked police car you can't be very observant.

Im looking at the raod, not spotting hidden police. If you are too busy looking for these, whilst driving outside a school, i think you should pay more attention to the road,

I have no fear of being done for speeding past schools, when driving past a crowd on the pavement etc.

instead of spying. Have you ever seen a kid get run over? Its not a pretty sight.

Exactly, so why isn't more done to enforce speed limits near schools etc rather than 'easy' targets who are doing more

than 70mph on clear motorways?

Unrealistic speed limits lead to them being ignored, the 70mph speed limit is a farce.

I'd fully support a reasonable _no tolerance_ top speed limit, say about 85 like they have on the continent.

Of couse I'd also fully support the police coming much harder on people driving recklessly, tailgaiting,

smoking while driving etc.

I also despair when I see an emergeny vehicle behind a car with lights and sirens for 10 to 20 seconds

before the numpty realises they are there and move over. If they've that little awareness about

what's going on around them I can only wonder about the standard of their driving.

Nial.

If you've never picked out an unmarked police car you can't be very observant.

I'd fully support a reasonable _no tolerance_ top speed limit, say about 85 like they have on the continent.

I like to think i am very observant, i just dont do the speeds that require me to look out for unmarked cars. Also, we dont live on the continent, we live in Britain. We have our laws, and that is what they are.

lets get the red flags out and walk in front that should keep the do gooders happy (bet not) like has been said but not grasped by those who think they know better! SPEED in itself does not cause accidents its the innapropriate use of speeed , you know conditions snow, ice , tight bends, kids about etc etc that causes accidents, 70 in a 30 area is madness 80 in a 70 zone in a modern car is not even comparible. if only we could get as hung up about driving to suit the road rather than driving to suit the 1940's speed restrictions the better we would be, oh and I wonder just how many of the "obey the law lads" have actually had points or will admit to doing a tad over 30 now and then, or to having a mobile phone stuck to their lug whilst driving? oh I forgot they wont they are perfect

KW

lets get the red flags out and walk in front that should keep the do gooders happy (bet not) like has been said but not grasped by those who think they know better! SPEED in itself does not cause accidents its the innapropriate use of speeed , you know conditions snow, ice , tight bends, kids about etc etc that causes accidents, 70 in a 30 area is madness 80 in a 70 zone in a modern car is not even comparible. if only we could get as hung up about driving to suit the road rather than driving to suit the 1940's speed restrictions the better we would be, oh and I wonder just how many of the "obey the law lads" have actually had points or will admit to doing a tad over 30 now and then, or to having a mobile phone stuck to their lug whilst driving? oh I forgot they wont they are perfect

KW

Well said that man :good:

Edited by jonno 357

KW

No points of any kind. NEVER used a phone whilst driving. ALWAYS stick to the limit. (see first point).

Perfect? Your damn right i am. :good: it took me 9 hours to drive to Scotland. WHY? I stuck to the limit. On the way back, my brother got a ticket for speeding. I got home before him. If you in such a hurry, and you smash your car, lets hope its only you and yours that are damaged, not me and mine.

No points of any kind. NEVER used a phone whilst driving. ALWAYS stick to the limit. (see first point).

Perfect? Your damn right i am. :good: it took me 9 hours to drive to Scotland. WHY? I stuck to the limit. On the way back, my brother got a ticket for speeding. I got home before him. If you in such a hurry, and you smash your car, lets hope its only you and yours that are damaged, not me and mine.

9 hours to Scotland from the wirral? that makes you a road hazard not an angel were you in a JCB

KW