Got a flu bug, any advice welcomed!

gixer1

Feeling really ill at the moment and running a temp of 40.1°C, taking 1 paracetamol and 1 ibuprofen every 4 hours....any further advice from you medical types? absolutley boiling one minute and freezing the next....and the wife says i'm hallucinating and talking drivel in my sleep! (probably no change there!)

Regards,

Gixer

Edited due to writing °F instead of °C

Edited by gixer1

Wow,that is some temperature ,not surprised you are feverish. Paracetamol advice is spot on. You need to keep hydrated too ,food much less important. Make sure you keep peeing. I would get the docs advice if your temp stays that high another day but phone the surgery rather than visit. So, plenty rest,drinks and do as you are doing basically but get advice if you need. Get well soon,sure you will :blink:

You should take the full adult paracetamol and ibuprofen doses (two of each) but they should be taken alternately, i.e. two paracetamol then two hours later two ibuprofen and so on up to a maximum of 8 of each per 24hr. Also do not take ibuprofen if you usually get heartburn or reflux type symptoms and as said before keep well hydrated. Get well soon! :blink: