Chard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's doable! I shot a 91 when I was down a few months ago :good:

You wouldn't be getting any ******* 91's today Pedro :P

******* hell, that was a bit stiff :lol:

Lovely ground and great weather, though the sun made life a bit tricky on a couple of stands.

Rubbish scores on the doors :

Beretta - 82 :o :o :o (must have been bad)

Chard - 70 :lol:

Magman - 69 allegedly :P

Anni - 66

Maglad - 35

Somebody had managed a 93 at the time we left, which was rather good, I would have thought and there was a 91. Even the likes of Martin Myers were down on 89 ;)

Edited by Chard

;) :o :o

Enjoyed the day , just need to brush up on the long range crossers as they cost me dear today :lol:

god is that magman
Think you got that the wrong way around :good::lol:

Anni's cross eye dominence didn't straighten its self out even when the clays aloud for him and crossed :o

Chard needs a good kick up the harris at time's :P

Ps , was worth dropping a few birds just to finish on my favourote number :P

Has Mr Potter surfaced yet? I'm wondering what he got at Shugborough today :lol:

He's a canny old coot on some of these clays. He knows his onions :o

I reckon he could have shown us all up today :good:

Not today I'm afraid and the only time I'd ever beat beretta is if he inexplicably put his balaclava on back to front :lol:

Anyhoo I'll get my excuse in first, my gun's in to have the barrels re-blued (blacked) so I was using my son's gun which has a shorter stock, lower comb and a trap fore-end.

I only cleared 1 stand (No.11, simo pair going away) and I dropped 6 on the very high birds on the right of the clubhouse, other than those it was my usual trick of one's and two's away on every stand with a final total of 77. Wasn't very pleased at all with that and although it was a toughish shoot I felt as though I could have been in the mid eighties if I'd got my act together. (I could have straightened it with my own gun ;) :o )

Hey Ho - there's always next Sunday :o

Mr Potter

Not today I'm afraid and the only time I'd ever beat beretta is if he inexplicably put his balaclava on back to front :lol:

Anyhoo I'll get my excuse in first, my gun's in to have the barrels re-blued (blacked) so I was using my son's gun which has a shorter stock, lower comb and a trap fore-end.

I only cleared 1 stand (No.11, simo pair going away) and I dropped 6 on the very high birds on the right of the clubhouse, other than those it was my usual trick of one's and two's away on every stand with a final total of 77. Wasn't very pleased at all with that and although it was a toughish shoot I felt as though I could have been in the mid eighties if I'd got my act together. (I could have straightened it with my own gun :no::no: )

Hey Ho - there's always next Sunday :D

Mr Potter

Well(ish) shot Mr P :P

I thought it was toughish as well :good: . I'm finding this getting out and about round registered shoots a bit of a trauma :o . I'm sure it'll pay dividends one of these years.

Are you doing Catton next Sunday Mr P? We're muttering about going to Kingsley Moor first then Catton Hall. Must be ******* mad ;)

How about this for a Beretta excuse.

"A spider was hanging on it's thread from the peak of his cap and swinging backwards and forwards in front of his eyes when he was shooting"

I kid you not. It's Robert the ******* Bruce :o :o :P :P

jpo0067l.jpg

Better than your excuse about using your son's gun :lol:

Edited by Chard

Good darts Mr P , well done mate :good:

Well(ish) shot Mr P

I thought it was toughish as well . I'm finding this getting out and about round registered shoots a bit of a trauma . I'm sure it'll pay dividends one of these years.

Are you doing Catton next Sunday Mr P? We're muttering about goimng to Kingsley Moor first then Catton Hall. Must be ******* mad

Maybe not for me as i have to pay for 2 , do i do kingsley moor (2 hour drive) or catton hall (15 mins) or do i do the two just for magboy to shoot :lol:

Are you doing Catton next Sunday Mr P? We're muttering about going to Kingsley Moor first then Catton Hall. Must be ******* mad :lol:

How about this for a Beretta excuse.

"A spider was hanging on it's thread from the peak of his cap and swinging backwards and forwards in front of his eyes when he was shooting"

I kid you not. It's Robert the ******* Bruce ;) :o :o :o

Better than your excuse about using your son's gun :good:

Kingsley then Catton, that sounds like a plan and a damn fine plan at that. I am supposed to be booked on for a FITASC shoot at Llandegla but I think I'll give that a miss and join your travelling circus :P:P if I may?

Excuses, now as you know I'm in A class at English Sporting and you could have worked out that I'm in AA for Eating but did you realise I'm in AAA at English Excuses?

Only this afternoon on the last stand (5 pairs next to the gate) I was pair dead, pair dead then I was suddenly very aware of a very very angry looking sheep giving me the evil eye from that big flock in the field over the road, a shiver went down my spine and you've guessed it I missed the first bird of the third pair. My mates are an unobservant lot, one of them said "what sheep" and the other acknowledged there were sheep but thought they were rather "cute". :lol:

I think I'll write a book but no one would believe how many times and in such unusual ways a man could injure his trigger finger!!!

Mr Potter

Kingsley then Catton, that sounds like a plan and a damn fine plan at that. I am supposed to be booked on for a FITASC shoot at Llandegla but I think I'll give that a miss and join your travelling circus :lol:;) if I may?

Excuses, now as you know I'm in A class at English Sporting and you could have worked out that I'm in AA for Eating but did you realise I'm in AAA at English Excuses?

Only this afternoon on the last stand (5 pairs next to the gate)

I just wish I could think of an excuse for that stand :good: . I got 3/10 on that stand and I have no idea why, it wasn't even difficult :o :o :o

Extraordinary. If I'd have spotted some cute sheep it would have been understandable of course :lol:

I just wish I could think of an excuse for that stand :good: . I got 3/10 on that stand and I have no idea why, it wasn't even difficult :o :o :o

Extraordinary. If I'd have spotted some cute sheep it would have been understandable of course :lol:

Are you sure i thought you done better than that ;) thats where i got the shots back then :lol:

Edited by magman

some scores missing i see??

That's what I thought - smack wrists.

I saw some big names missing quite a few :blink:

Perhaps they were Birds Only muppets :lol::good::lol:

One of them (GS) was telling me they have a postbox near the car park for scorecards, if you don't want to walk all the way back to the clubhouse. Maybe they forgot to empty it :good:

Maybe :P

Edited by Chard