Shotgun case recycling - sorted

I wonder how many cartridges it would take to make the exercise cost effective. If it can process up to a tonne an hour thats fine but where are you going to get 8 tonnes of fired cartidges from every day? You cant truck them in from other grounds because that would cost more than the job is worth. Besides, I don't suppose all the shooting grounds and all the shooters in the country produces 8 tonnes of fired cases a day.

The best machines made for recycling cartridges are made by Lee, Redding, Lyman and MEC. Its only a trade conspiracy that makes reloading uneconomical. Years ago I used to reload cartridges for half the price of factory loads. Why can't I still do it?

Its another example of plastic cases, and plastic wads, being hoisted upon us. Did anyone ask us what we think? Paper cases are bio degradable so why not use them instead? There nothing nicer than a cartridge bag full of lovely big fat paper cartridges and nothing worse than finding a load of garish brightly coloured plastic cases stuffed in a hedge.

Edited by Vince Green

Its another example of plastic cases, and plastic wads, being hoisted upon us. Did anyone ask us what we think? Paper cases are bio degradable so why not use them instead? There nothing nicer than a cartridge bag full of lovely big fat paper cartridges and nothing worse than finding a load of garish brightly coloured plastic cases stuffed in a hedge.

This is just what i have been thinking lately :lol:

George

I wonder how many cartridges it would take to make the exercise cost effective. If it can process up to a tonne an hour thats fine but where are you going to get 8 tonnes of fired cartidges from every day? You cant truck them in from other grounds because that would cost more than the job is worth. Besides, I don't suppose all the shooting grounds and all the shooters in the country produces 8 tonnes of fired cases a day.

The best machines made for recycling cartridges are made by Lee, Redding, Lyman and MEC. Its only a trade conspiracy that makes reloading uneconomical. Years ago I used to reload cartridges for half the price of factory loads. Why can't I still do it?

Can't disagree with that :blink: