A wet day

Guest Mr Pieman

Guest Mr Pieman

Shot over a field of rape stubble today. Set off at around 7am, quite cloudy but virtually no wind. The field was already being visited so I set up against a pylon leg, giving almost 360 degree visibility - makes you very dizzy trying to look everywhere at once!!!!

The birds decoyed well and they apeared at fairly close intervals although my first few shots were rather poor. I swear one pigeon crashed into the pylon while laughing at me :*)

At 2pm, it started to rain. The wind picked up and the rainfall was steady without a break. I considered packing up but the birds kept coming. It rained harder - and they STILL kept coming!!

I shot through the rain for 4 hours and had a thoroughly good time. I ended up with 129 pigeons and 11 crows. I used a bouncer, a flapper and a motorised pecker along with 12 flockies. I added real birds to the pattern but left the flockies in situ. Once the pattern reached around 30 birds it looked cluttered and too busy so all further birds were bagged.

Roll on the weekend!!!

PP

Guest Mr Pieman

The down side is suffering the wrath of Lady Pieman as all the gear is hanging up around the house while it dries out!!!! I think the deeks on the spare bed didn't overly please her ???

PP