Has anybody applied for a the grant of a SGC this year?

smiiithy

i laugh at north yorkshire.. laugh i say !

under greater manchester from 1st phone call for my 1st sgc&fac it took 5days inc getting form taking it in, safe being checked and both tickets coming through the door..to this day an unbroken record. i have heard at the time some ppl had taken renewal/variation paper work in and have it done while you wait! ,when gmp firearms licensing say"how can we help you?" they mean every word of it------ jim jones is a demigod of licensing depts

now im under northumbria and was caught up in the maternity/postal delays but still was pleased by the turnaround ,my ticket hit the door mat the day b4 the strikes kicked off having been pushed through to try and avoid them ..heart felt thax to both departments for there help and professionalism.

Just wondering if anybody has applied for a first time grant of SGC to Northumbria Police this year and if so how long did it take to come back? They certainly don't give anything away with reference to how long it’s going to take.

Cheers,

Mike

My FEO suffers from a stack of paperwork backlog, just taking the weekend off, so its so variable they dont ever say anytihng I find.

Steve

I have been told that we are currently at the peak of a five year cycle where all the certificates that were taken out at the time when the 'new' system was introduced are now up for renewal, so all FEOs are overwhelmed at the mo. Having said that I have also heard that Greater Manchester Police are really on the ball, mate of mine was licensed and shooting within a week of submitting application a few months ago. If they can do it, why can't all the others?

I found them to to be very good on some things (speed of visit, letting me know when they were delays with variations) and poor on others (telling me they never issued open tickets to anyone, so don't ask).

It might be that if you have a 'professional' need - deer and pest control was mine for some land we manage, they move quickly, but if it's 'sporting' only with an occasion chance to get out shooting then they may take longer. Don't know if that true, but mine was very quick at the same time I knew others were waiting ages.

• 2 months later...
What happened to smiiithy (mike), never seen him in a while.

Last Seen on here: 20th February 2010 - 12:12 PM

Did he ever get his SGC ??

i heard from him last week.....

work and family stuff keeping him off here.....

still having bother with his golf as well.....

as of then his cert hadnt turned up..... :blush:

shaun

i heard from him last week.....

work and family stuff keeping him off here.....

still having bother with his golf as well.....

as of then his cert hadnt turned up..... :)

shaun

Thanks Shaun, nice to know he's ok. :good:

It's taking a long time for his SGC, bet he's sick of waiting.