Has anybody applied for a the grant of a SGC this year?

smiiithy

I did my first application this year.

1 day short of 11 weeks from posting application to Northumbria police.

(5 weeks 5 days from posting application to visit ..... 5 weeks 1 day for SGC to be delivered)

Have you had the home visit yet or notification of when you will get the visit ??

Northumbria are a nightmare mate and if you try to push them they just dig their heels in. Almost everyone of the blokes i shoot with who are covered by them don't have a good word to say about them :good: Its what comes from having a strict recruitment policy that means anyone with an interest in shooting, or god forbid their own FAC/SGC gets their application for FEO binned straight away :good:

Just hope you're not one of their 'special' cases. Theres a guy at my clay shoot who's son has been waiting 6 months for a variation to his FAC :good:

My suggestion; move into Co. Durham :good:

Seriously though, good luck :good:

Mark

No I haven't, this is why I was calling. They told me last week it's with an officer but wont tell me when I can expect to hear about the visit or let me speak to the aforementioned officer.

With an officer ??

Northumbria police firearms licensing is now run by civilians and it is they who will come out and do the home check and not a police officer.They speeded up massively last year but seem to be taking longer this year for some reason.

Keep phoning them as they like phone calls apparently :good:

Northumbria are a nightmare mate and if you try to push them they just dig their heels in. Almost everyone of the blokes i shoot with who are covered by them don't have a good word to say about them :good: Its what comes from having a strict recruitment policy that means anyone with an interest in shooting, or god forbid their own FAC/SGC gets their application for FEO binned straight away :good:

Just hope you're not one of their 'special' cases. Theres a guy at my clay shoot who's son has been waiting 6 months for a variation to his FAC :good:

My suggestion; move into Co. Durham :good:

Seriously though, good luck :good:

Mark

The FEO from Northumbria shoots !

Having said that i waited best part of a year for my cert back for a change of address.This was a few year ago though.

No I haven't, this is why I was calling. They told me last week it's with an officer but wont tell me when I can expect to hear about the visit or let me speak to the aforementioned officer.

I'm afraid it's just a case of being patient, I waited 4 weeks then one day got an answer machine message from a young lady informing me of when the visit would be.

The FEO did say the dept was very busy and running behind as they were also getting ready to move the whole dept, there would also be a bit of a delay to get the SGC through the door (5weeks).

My experience Northumbria has been very positive.

My FAC application for .22, HMR, 6.5 x 55 was send off 2 days before Christmas, and I was buying my guns at the beginning of Feb.

I was initially visited by a Police Officer who checked my home security/cabinet that I had just fitted.

The actual FAC visit was by 2 female civilians, who were knowedgable and efficient in processing my application. They had no issues with my calibre choices.

I had heard the FEO was off on maternity leave, so maybe this has changed their operating procedures, and hence slowed down the SG/FAC application process for the moment.

cheers

Stu

hi mate waited 5 month for my sgc from northumbria police .got no fingernails left and me hair gone but worth the wait.then again know a lad who waited about six wks .just have to wait and get on your missus nerves :any mail tday? good things come to those who wait.no news is good news and all that.

• 1 month later...
Just had the call I've been waiting for, they are coming to inspect my cabinet on New Years Eve! Woohoo! :good:

Nice one :)

I waited nearly 4 months for the visit, then got SGC 4 days after :oops:

It will be worth it :oops:

Don't know how long the wait will be when i go for FAC in the new year.

Jon.