how much does your dog cost you per year?

Martin g

Trying to convince the wife we should have a dog.. Would like a springer pup to join our house hold as a family pet and may consider to train for when i go beeting to help flush the birds.. So how much does your dog cost you per year?

vets fees, insurance, feed, grooming, kennel fees when on holiday or anything else you can think of, wont need a run as would be kept indoors ..

The wife's cocker has chewed the DSL dongle twice. 6 quid a pop. He also went through 800 quid of vet when he ate a flip flop and some stones.

When my springer was younger, he ate the skirting boards a bit. Not replaced them yet. However, he did eat a pair of my wife's jeans which I had to replace, plus two pairs of her shoes, which I had to replace. Plus, he likes tennis balls. A lot.

the pair of them cost about 25 a month in insurance, about the same in feed (at a guess).

However, they are bundles of fun and we love them to bits (obviously, I love my springer more, 'cos he _MY_ dog and the best in the world!) and the cost is worth it.

Trying to convince the wife we should have a dog.. Would like a springer pup to join our house hold as a family pet and may consider to train for when i go beeting to help flush the birds.. So how much does your dog cost you per year?

vets fees, insurance, feed, grooming, kennel fees when on holiday or anything else you can think of, wont need a run as would be kept indoors ..

Where do you start.

New car to hold a dog box.

A dog box.

A gun & lessons to shoot over them.

Lessons with a gundog trainer.

Buying shooting rights so you can work the dog.

Shooting clothes, beating / hunting clothes

etc, etc ,etc :good:

Think I'm being excessive !! Just wait and see :/

Edited by butcherboy

in under 4 years arnie cost me at least £15,000 - all the usual stuff like food, etc, plus lots of vets bills (thats pedigrees for you), damage to stuff he chewed up (including sheep...), siring a litter of pups with my bitch (he got in when they were seperated), and breaking my ankle and giving me 6 months off work (5 months of which were on stat sick pay)...

but you know id pay the same again just to have him back :blink: :devil: