Best balanced, most attractive O/U for under £700?

ochre

So guys - a balanced over and under is a quality as is attractiveness: who's prepared to be brave enough to argue the case for the best marriage of the two? Must be practical for pigeon shooting and driven game. Pics would make for a sporting contest! :unsure:

Ochre- there is only one sensible choice- a Beretta 687L with 28" barrels. Lovely weight/balance, good looking too and excellent build quality. And by some extraordinary coincidence theres one in the for sale section BELOW your budget!! I could even arranged pictures to be emailed to you if of interest...

Balance is easily acheived by weighting the butt if you are not woried about an extra 1/2 lb or so. the weight will help soak up some of the recoiling forces as well.

For that money I like the look of the Mcnab Lowlander. with 3 1/2 chambres you can use it for most things from clays to wild foul.

Dave

wish id stayed home.now cant choose between a fabarm o/u that is £700 and has lovely wood,adjustable cheek piece,chequred barrels and a fleur de leys lever.

or the miroku,perfect balance and fits like a glove.then theres the beretta 686,excellent condition,good price.

what really caught my eye was a thomas bland boxlock,a snip at £450.oh,and a remington side by side 16 bore with damascus barrels,very rare i assume ?

looks like overtime and two new guns :(

Thanks for the info cooky, i am worried now though! I bought mine from avalon guns after the guy in the shop recommended it, apparently they've sold over 150 since April, the gun is cheaper than some of the other guns i was looking at such as lanbers and winchesters but i bought the bettinsoli on his advice! Looks like i may have bought the wrong gun! :(

Thanks for the info cooky, i am worried now though! I bought mine from avalon guns after the guy in the shop recommended it, apparently they've sold over 150 since April, the gun is cheaper than some of the other guns i was looking at such as lanbers and winchesters but i bought the bettinsoli on his advice! Looks like i may have bought the wrong gun! ???

Be careful also as i read somewhere that sometimes the second pin marks the primer so if you only fired the one barrel then opened to load a new cartridge in, it could go bang :)

Dear Ochre,

What you really need as I told you before it's a nice SILMA Supreme series for round about £300 and this come with some lessons too by a well know professionist pigeon shooter.

I've spoke today with Bettinsoli Italy after reading all these articles of double firing and they told me that there as been a problem in a batch of guns but now solved.

Lincoln is another fine gun for the price but I personally think that you need a cheap but good gun, Beretta you pay for the name and a bit of the engraving but it doesn't shoot for you, got the point.

cheers

???:):shoot: