prices of game

Just would like to nknow how everyone is doing in regard of prices payed for there shot game :) ?

Had a big few days last week game dealer picked up as normal then told me the bottom had dropped out on price payed for french partridge to 50p a brace

English are still the same as pheasant at £1 a brace with wood cock fetching £2 a brace duck are £1.50 a brace .

Hows everyone else fairing ?

Cheers Tom :rolleyes:

Is that all they pay for a brace ? Id pay more than that! Get down the local market and ud get more. Shame you cant just sell em on :blink:

i know not a very good price at the moment but around me on any given weekend in the game season there are thousands of patridges shot so this makes price come down . we sell all to a game dealer who we have had come pick up for a good number of years tho with prices being different may look else where if needs be :good:

Was talking to my gamekeeper mate about this the other day, at the start of the season he was getting £1 a brace for redlegs he's now getting 35p a brace :blink: All about supply & demand.

Saw a cling wrapped partridge in my local sainsburys priced at £3.49..... thats some mark up :good:

He gives all the beaters a brace at the end of the day & the option to buy what ever they like for a £1 a brace, my freezer is bulging with game :lol:

30p per Partridge.

20p per Pheasant.

£1.75 per Duck.

£3 per Woodcock.

25p per Pigeon.

£5 per Hare.

£1 per Rabbit, head shot, paunched.

looks like we are not doing that bad if your patridge is selling at that and its mad that a pheasant is priced that low madness .

Pigeon gone up round me to 35p and hare is £6 each at the mo . Your getting a good price on duck i must say :blink:

Edited by proTOM1

How a pigeon can be worth more money then a pheasant is beyond me, I nor modern science can figure that out :yes:

Sur la continont les palombes combien un Euro pour une oiseau! (That's nearly a quid a pigeon!)

In our local farmshop they are selling grey squirrels at £4.50. Now I know they are a bu99er to skin, but the dressed weight is only 8oz. That's £9 per lb on the bone :rolleyes:

Edited by UKPoacher