franci 712 raptor

retromlc

quick question,do you know if the franci will recycle 65mm carts??a few have said 3" only a few said 2 1/2" if fine,none of them have owned one or shot one,so how did it go with actual owners

I quite often put all sorts in mine and it never jammed, even 65 and 70mm mixed weren't a problem....excellent gun but my barrel started to rust from use on the foreshore so I px'd it.

I've got one and I'm very happy with it - they're gas oporated btw

I had a little trouble with it cycling light (ish) loads when I first got it, the empty would get stuck on the way out. but I found a solution;

As you dis-assemble it (lock the working parts back first), nut off the front, forestock slides off, then the barrell. now at this point the next thing to come off is the piston - push a rubber "o" ring down the magazine (tube) to near the piston and re-assemble it; barrel on, forestock on, nut on. and push the button on the side to release the working parts (watch your fingers!) now it'll cycle much better :hmm:

Can anyone tell me what chokes will go in them please, I'm considering getting one of those adjustable ones. I'm pretty sure beretta or benelli chokes fit but I'm not 100%

Yep, deffo gas - if you look down the barrel (safety first - easier while disassembled) you'll see a pair of holes about half way down - they're to let the "gas" through to work all the loading bits. get an "o" ring on it in front of the piston - I'll get a pic if I can. You'll find it'll cycle lighter (24,28,30g) loads much better.

If you've never fired a semi-auto shotgun (as I hadn't) it's a wierd experience! I thought I'd assembled it wrong and it had fallen apart in my hands when I fired :yp: it hadn't of course, it was just all the gubbins doing their thing - which also lowers the recoil quite nicely. :good: actually, think I might've just decided on something to do this afternoon :stupid:

Edited by fieldwanderer

Right, here's mine - not a great picture really but you can see enough. push the "o" ring on about that far and put the barrel, forestock and nut thingy back together and job's a good 'un - the piston's in the "heavy" loads position and will still cycle 28g cart's with no problems. I've had it like that for a good couple of years now and haven't had any damage or problems. The other models in the range have a seal there but not these :good: seems to work though :stupid:

P021209_1148.jpg

well I took it out today,1st half of the day a waste,in Bregar,kent again,3 hours 1 pigoen,which i dropped nicely,a semi deffo feels weirder after an O/U but i was o.k with it,then a mate phoned me to do some woods,where they are coming into roost,all starter well,but *uc* me i couldn't hit a bloody thing,1 pigeon outta 50 carts,really embarrassing,not a good confidence start with a new gun,i'll admit that i'm not experienced but my adv is normally 25/30% hits in the field.the gun feels good and seems to "come up " fine so i guess with not a lot of birds around lately i need to get my eye in,or get a new eye,this guy who showed mw around today,has permission on a 1000 acres,around our village,I'd give my left nut for that!

gun recycled perfectly all day,70mm 32grm,no6

i don`t ever remember having an oring on any of my 712`s :rolleyes:

I dunno about 712's but in the owner's manual I got with mine there's an exploded diagramme which shows a seal there, I went back to the shop to see what they said and apparently not on the 712 raptor. But the manual also covers 912, 612,620 and 720 ( maybe the 20g has a seal but not the 12g?) either way I found it's made mine cycle a lot nicer.