Had a nice pm from fellow member benelli montefel

Come home today switched on the old pc

To be welcomed by a pm from a fellow pw memeber benelli montefel

I fin the amount of pigeons you shoot totally disgusting your not a sportsman.

You have no respect for pigeons or maybe you are full of %^%^%&*anyway.

Very charming i thought still if thats what floats his boat crack on.

All the best fellow shooters so dont go shooting to many pigeons.

Edited by Over the hill

Come home today switched on the old pc

To be welcomed by a pm from a fellow pw memeber benelli montefel

I fin the amount of pigeons you shoot totally disgusting your not a sportsman.

You have no respect for pigeons or maybe you are full of %^%^%&*anyway.

He might have a point, you know.

LOL

Bill

[quote name='Heladoxa' date='Nov 29 2009,

LOL

Bill

Bill looking at the bun fight you have got yourself into lately ref how much at the game dealer etc and other useful comments you have made to young shooter.

I would keep my head down if I where you.

Regards

Edited by Over the hill

how many pigeons are we talking about here anyway?

Hi gram71

I shoot between 5 to 8 thousand pigeons a year mostly in the winter spring very few in breeding season unless a farmer customer is having there crops hammered peas or laid corn etc.

I am one few luckly guys who gets paid by some of my farmer to control pigeon numbers but most of my paid work is rabbit control.

So I cant really say I have shot enough today as some pay me money to reduce numbers.

But I belive that if a shooter shot say a 100 pigeons then there will be at least another 900 about the area feeding on that field .

At if a shooter shoots 300 birds there would have been 3000 birds there at some point.

So I my shot a few birds but I nor anybody wipeout pigeons but only control numbers to a level that is managable.

Regards and thanks guys

Hi gram71

I shoot between 5 to 8 thousand pigeons a year mostly in the winter spring very few in breeding season unless a farmer customer is having there crops hammered peas or laid corn etc.

I am one few luckly guys who gets paid by some of my farmer to control pigeon numbers but most of my paid work is rabbit control.

So I cant really say I have shot enough today as some pay me money to reduce numbers.

But I belive that if a shooter shot say a 100 pigeons then there will be at least another 900 about the area feeding on that field .

At if a shooter shoots 300 birds there would have been 3000 birds there at some point.

So I my shot a few birds but I nor anybody wipeout pigeons but only control numbers to a level that is managable.

Regards and thanks guys

WOW! thats a lot of pigeons!

:good:

[quote name='Heladoxa' date='Nov 29 2009,

LOL

Bill

Bill looking at the bun fight you have got yourself into lately ref how much at the game dealer etc and other useful comments you have made to young shooter.

I would keep my head down if I where you.

Regards

Hello over the hill,

Thank you for your note. I signed mine and put LOL to show you should take it light heartedly. You didn't, not my fault. What you do not know is that everybody, especially including the young lad, have had unreserved apologies from me.

I thought that his is an open forum where, within reason, you could pass comment. Are you implying that I should I pass any of my notes through you for censoring or amendment to see if they are ok with you before they are published? And what do you mean by, 'I would keep my head down if I were you'? I do not see this forum as a place where somebody can drag up conversations months old and make threats.

If somebody sends you a PM it seems pretty bad manners to put it on a public forum. What was the point of that? To get a laugh?

Regards

Bill

i think the point he was trying to make with regards to the pm was quite obvious heladoxa,

overthe hill has a job to do which is pest control. it seems surprising to me that he'd recieve a pm that basically slags him off from a complete newbie who essentially doesn't have a clue about such matters, and yes, we've all had a laugh about it.

however, it seems like there's some bad feeling between you guys and i do see your point, but hey, you don't have to rise to the bait, maybe he was just taking the micheal.

Now now boys,lets remember we all have something in common :lol: pigeon shooting,or at least shooting :lol: so maybe we should try and understand each others comments,or at least not rise to them :lol: we are ALL entitled to our opinions,and from time to time we will not agree with some of the posts,but please lets try and not be NEGATIVE towards each other :lol: we need to stand together,for the good of the sport,i hope we all love :hmm: (only my thoughts,please dont take the wrong way :hmm: )BB

Thanks for he kind words everybody. Three things

1 The PM to Over the Hills made no mention of his thread about vast kills, so we did not really know what he was writing about

2 It is not right to make threats on this forum

3 Quite a lot of people have been having a go at me recently, not knowing the full background or follow-up letters. But I think that might be sorted now

I make a fuss of my cat, I buy nice things for my grandchildren's Birthdays and Christmas and I make sure the rabbits are dead before I skin and gut them. Everybody gets effusive apologies. What more can I do?

So Over the Hills can get on with shooting 17.8 pigeons a day (average) LOL (that is an acronym for Lots of Laughs and is a friendly gesture) and we will all be happy.

Bill

Well, this guy certainly shoots a lot of pigeons, if he is to be believed. :lol:

He says he doesn't shoot much in the Summer, yet still shoots between 5000 and 8000 pigeons a year, but then again only shoots five days a week, and also ferrets loads of rabbits, my goodness, he's a busy boy..!! :lol:

Cat.