Vindolanda

Bipolar

Hi all, did anyone see as I did this morning about how the Vindolanda Roman Fort in Nothumbria is over run with bunnies, which are destroying ancient sites, and that they want help to clear them? I emailed them for more info and offering help, Would anyone else be interested in helping out who lives in the area?

I know this sounds a bit desperate (seen as I have only ONE livery yard for ratting as yet) but it could be good for this group and Airgunning in general.

:lol:

Theres you posting in desperate need of permission, now you could have way too much!!!

I should imagine you'd be the first in hundreds of years, to shoot from the fort!

You might even get on TV. :lol:

I didnt get to see the clip , just caught the end of it, I wish the wife had seen it. She'd at least understand what do rather than persecute me everytime. :lol:

Regards,

Axe.

PS let me know what the Chicken Tikka is like, I might just be up for the trip!! :lol:

Edited by Axe

I can see the headlines now....

'Pigeon Watch members come to the aid of Vindolanda'

Following the pleas from conservationalists of the Vindolanda Roman Fort in Nothumbria, members of the Pigeon Watch internet website and forum have generously pledged thier allegance by offering to rid the Roman Fort of its rabbit infestation. Members of the Vindolanda conservation group, last night, commented on thier gratitiude and have today offered the attending members, renumeration to the tune of £1000 each. A spokesperson of Pigeon Watch said 'we are more than happy to offer our services. Perhaps now the general public can understand the importance of pest control and conservation, oh and ta very much for the money'!

I wish :lol:

Regards

Axe.

Just got a reply not good Im afraid :lol:

Many thanks for your Email. The Vindolanda Trust already has ongoing programmes on their land to deal with the Rabbits. We will keep your details and if your services are needed in the future we will contact you

The Vindolanda Trust

Worth a try :lol::lol:

I unforunately missed the news thread but it seems a little silly that they have done a TV article on this when they are already taking steps to resolve the issue. That seems bizzare, or is it just me!?

Regards,

Axe.

Edited by Axe

Hi all, did anyone see as I did this morning about how the Vindolanda  Roman Fort in Nothumbria is over run with bunnies, which are destroying ancient sites, and that they want help to clear them? I emailed them for more info and offering help, Would anyone else be interested in helping out who lives in the area?

I know this sounds a bit desperate (seen as I have only ONE livery yard for ratting as yet) but it could be good for this group and Airgunning in general.

Bipolar

I am DEF infterested if you get the permission to go over there in the future :lol:

I only live a hal;f hour or so away from there it's right on my door step practically

Lord Geordie

Edited by Lord Geordie

It’s given me some ideas about alternative shooting venues, it seems that most of the farms around me have syndicates shooting over them as one friendly gamekeeper said "it’s all stitched up" even he has to ask permission to shoot certain areas! He said they are very precious about shooting rights, there is an 11.5 acre wood very near by me, and it’s up for sale for 4 years for only £28000! Nobody will buy it because the "syndicate" are powerful and can dictate how the land is used as they own the shooting rights and if the landowner "disrupts" the shoot i.e. cutting and coppicing of the wood or making nature trails open to the public seems ridiculous. :< :< :< :<

Edited by Bipolar

Any legal begals about, it would seem to me that if the land is sold then the shooting rights get sold with it. If you own the land you can do want you want on it, assuming it passes the council etc.

Can anyone expand on the 'Shooting Rights' and ownership of land?

Regards

Axe.

No not neccesarily

One CAN sell land and retain the shooting rights. This is what the PRO HUNT lobby are doing. They are selling their sanctuaries and buying as much land as possible then retaining the shooting rights and selling the land on and then using the money from THAT sale to buy MORE land and carry out the same cr4p again :<

Lord Geordie

Hi all, did anyone see as I did this morning about how the Vindolanda  Roman Fort in Nothumbria is over run with bunnies, which are destroying ancient sites, and that they want help to clear them? I emailed them for more info and offering help, Would anyone else be interested in helping out who lives in the area?

yes i did and the first thoughts was get the gun and head up there :lol:

they were on about intreducine the mink in that part of nothumbria and they even sad they were thinking of infecting some rabbits with miximatotas/ mixi to help control the number... but i think a better option is to let use go up there an do a spot of shooting .....

as i only live in Durham and is't that far in the car...

count me in

Edited by wabit