what time tomorrow?

retromlc

I'm going to try for pigeons on rape tomorrow,it's going to be cold tonight,bearing this in mind what sort of time in your experience would you expect them to start flighting/feeding,i know this may sound stupid but I don't want to arrive very early and sit around for 3 hours, if because of the cold they start later.e.g they don't feed if there's frost on the ground that sort of thing? any useful answers would be helpful

i would have said that they are likely to start moving a bit earlier due to the cold if it is bitter and so personally would be set up for first light. however in my experience if it is a sunny frosty morning they may just sit in trees to warm up a bit then feed like hell. bearing this in mind i would try to set up within range of sitty trees if poss but apart fromn that its up to you.

Can vary from day to day I have shot birds nearly in the dark at dawn and then they have not turned upto 1400hrs .

Today was a real poo day for me only one shot one birds sat hunched up and not in the mood to play.

I think the snow will push the birds if it comes more to west from the east coast .

Regards OTH

chrispi,TBH i don't know,but it's on the isle of sheppy and the pidgoens are back in that ares,was told there were 200+ on the two adjoining fields this morning,I've used the field before(it's part of a syndicate) it's got rape and I've had good results on a flight line there,there's another gun booked on a nearby field so i'm hopeing we'll keep them moving between us if we're there at the same time

i've been out for the last two sundays and the first time they were coming in from about 8.30 till mid day then last week they just sat up in the trees all day. i'm out this sunday and i'll be out about 9 i think. i thinks its a bit unpredictable this time of year. all you can do is get in the field and see what happens. have a ride around the day before or everyday if you can and then you'll get to see where they are and what they are doing.

iv been shooting on rape, at first light and none have bothered much, so now i go out on rape at 10=30 like last saturday and they were about all day till dark.had 16 pigeons.i never go first light any more.

only because you like your bed too much Dave- when we going out then?;)

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325