.22 s/a or bolt action???

wabbitbosher

I read yesterday that BRNO 452's are now available in 16" Carbine, without measuring mine (ooo err missus!)  I don't know how long they used to be?

OK so they are currently 20" so they have chopped 4" off the end and there is no drop in velocity (apparently)

A 16" barrel is going to much easier to swing about inside a vehicle even with a moderator on the end - I want one :huh: anyone want to buy a 20" 452??

How much? , is it moderated?

WB

The less i spend the better !! (under£100) second hand obviously

Errr out of your price range I feel!

I have a Style with and Eric Brooks trigger job, so I wouldn't want any less than £200 for it, which isn't a bargain (no harm in being honest) if you consider you can buy new for £220 if you look realy hard :<

The less i spend the better !! (under£100) second hand obviously

Errr out of your price range I feel!

I have a Style with and Eric Brooks trigger job, so I wouldn't want any less than £200 for it, which isn't a bargain (no harm in being honest) if you consider you can buy new for £220 if you look realy hard :<

No probs dude ,

I suffer retailers syndrome !!! IE why pay more than half price for a second hand item , when if you look around you can buy new, trade, for half price

"INIT"

WB

Cushdi

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking for a good hard wearing .22 for pest control , quite like the BRNO 452 synthetic with nickel barrel, new for me at £170, also seen the new 16" carbine but a wee bit short and whippy for free hand shooting. Also thought about the BRNO Varmint heavy barrel at £210 new, nice gun but will the working life it will have take its toll on it i.e. scraped stock, might swell in rain and lift barrel etc.

might swell in rain and lift barrel etc.

when you get it simply float it properly, nearly no 452's came out of the factory properly free floated, often touching down the right hand side. so they need material removing, after that you simply replace the trigger with the brookes kit use some good ammo, none of that copper washed stuff and shoot groups like this (5 shots, 50 yards, eley subs)

post-18-1127160736.jpg

when you get it simply float it properly, nearly no 452's came out of the factory properly free floated, often touching down the right hand side. so they need material removing, after that you simply replace the trigger with the brookes kit use some good ammo, none of that copper washed stuff and shoot groups like this (5 shots, 50 yards, eley subs)

Nick,

Have you compared the Eley's to Winchester subs?

If so what did you think?

I have only ever shot Winchesters, but I like the sound of the Eley's I just need to check on availability in my area.

Nick,

Have you compared the Eley's to Winchester subs?

If so what did you think?

I have only ever shot Winchesters, but I like the sound of the Eley's I just need to check on availability in my area.

I'm just off out now to zero the CZ and i have some winchesters and eleys to try out i'll let you know the difference

WB

i tried winchesters in my dads gun and found them to be useless, but this isnt the same model, but at the moment as the gun shoots groups like the above one all day long, im in no hurry to change anything.

one day i will get around to trying different ammo through it, i want to try some match grade to see what it will do at longer ranges, as at the moment it will just about stay inside 1 inch@100, which is disapointing

what model out of intrest, and are the winchesters copper coated, and did you clean before using the eleys.

as you can not get good groups if you use a copper coated round and then shoot a group with a standard lead bullet, just dosent seem to work.

i'm yet to come across a rifle which given a good scrub will not shoot eley subs as well or better than any other bullet, and this is a fair old list of rimfires ive tried over the time, anything from 10/22's too finfire range's all of them lap the things up.

but if the ammo suits your gun then why change, its what ever works for you

My .22lr is a 77/22 All Weather Ruger.

Winchester Lazers I find are great

Winchester subs, I'm not sure. I don't think I am getting the groups I should at say 50yrds.

I find it hard to get a good spot to try this out since I have moved house/area. The last couple of time I worked on target my Win subs seemed to be all over the place. This gun has been very well run in and cleaned after each time used.

I also tried CCi rounds, she hated them.