Pictures on shop websites

cooky

If you saw a picture of something on a website shop and ordered it would you expect the same goods as in the pic to arrive yet when they came they were not the same and you get told if you want the same goods as the one in the pic that would be an extra £10 :yp:

what would you do and say :devil:

Edited by cooky

Under the distance selling regulations you have the right to reject and also, under normal consumer legislation where goods are sold by description and they do not, upon arrival, correspond with the description, you are entitled to reject them and claim a refund as well.

I suggest you do a google search on "sale of goods description" for chapter and verse on this. If there is some sort of disclaimer as to the pictures on the website my advice might be different...

Difficult one...

For example, our flocked decoys change all the time...different manufacturers using different tecniques (all hand made) means the products can change in texture/colour/looks from week to week. Most companies will state this in their terms and conditions from the outset.

Clothing and engineered products suffer with the same problems...you are at the whim of your suppliers, they can change the specs at any time, and, providing the item does the same job, and looks much the same item, it seems perfectly fair that they can do this.

That said, if a customer is unhappy with his purchase, and it can't do the job it was bought for, then a full refund should be expected.

:yp:

This does make life hard for retailers but as Deako says if it is made plain that goods may differ from those shown in certain respects that offers some protection. The main thing is that it is not fundamentally different, what is fundamental depends on the individual item and the use to which it is put.

If you saw a picture of something on a website shop and ordered it would you expect the same goods as in the pic to arrive yet when they came they were not the same and you get told if you want the same goods as the one in the pic that would be an extra £10 :yp:

what would you do and say :devil:

For clarification can you expand on what you bought and what you recieved?

It might help us in "winning" your case.

I would expect to receive exactly what was pictured and described in the text, anything less is not what you ordered or expected.

If the seller has had a change of spec from his supplier then the website should of been updated with new images and descriptions accordingly.

Totally agree with you Chris

Retailers come out with every bullsh!t excuse they can think of. They enjoy taking your money thats about about it

If they are having problems with suppliers, then thats there problem not the buyer

Personnally I wouldn't buy f&ck all from a net retailer if I didn't have to. Always check to postage & packaging cost first!!!! Be warned

Jonno