Zip type wellies.....

ziplex

My neoprene wellies have a small gusset at the top but seeing as my back problem seems to be getting worse not better I have been looking to get some wellies with a zip. These I have now are fine but if I decide to tuck in whatever trousers I have on it becomes a struggle which can lead to much cursing and swearing.....it's damn frustrating how annoying such a simple task can become so difficult!!

Anyone use a zip type welly?...if so are they easier to put on with troosers tucked in? Do you get problems with zips getting crudded up?, reason I ask is they're very likely to get absolutely plastered in estuary mud

I have some of the Gumleaf ones. Yes the zips do get a bit gunged up, but the boots have a full gusset behind the zip which makes them quite easy to clean. I then spray them with silicone every now and again. I have had mine about 5 years now with no problems. The zips make getting them on and off very easy too.

cheers,

Do have the Le chameau ones full length zip, never get clogged up really comfortable would highly recommend these but not cheap though and they come in different calf sizes had mine 4 years with lot of use and they are still good :good:

Imo these are the Rolls Royce of wellies, the wife bought me a pair about a year ago and they have been worn everyday for about 8 months of the last year, the zip seems very sturdy and I was assured by Chris Potter Guns where they came from that they were repairable.

Having tried many different brands of wellies over the years these have been the most comfortable, warm and easy to take off etc.

When these expire I shall not hesitate to buy another pair....... must send my addy off to the makers now for a commission cheque lol .

Cheers Rob.

Imo these are the Rolls Royce of wellies, the wife bought me a pair about a year ago and they have been worn everyday for about 8 months of the last year, the zip seems very sturdy and I was assured by Chris Potter Guns where they came from that they were repairable.

Having tried many different brands of wellies over the years these have been the most comfortable, warm and easy to take off etc.

When these expire I shall not hesitate to buy another pair....... must send my addy off to the makers now for a commission cheque lol .

Cheers Rob.

:good:

Had mine for 3 years now - only problem I have had with mine is the zip handle (unsure what is called) has broken on both sides, easy fix though with those cheap caribina type clips from the pound shop (ones like mountinering guys use for their ropes)

Do have the Le chameau ones full length zip, never get clogged up really comfortable would highly recommend these but not cheap though and they come in different calf sizes had mine 4 years with lot of use and they are still good :yes:

Cheers Rob.

Had mine for 3 years now - only problem I have had with mine is the zip handle (unsure what is called) has broken on both sides, easy fix though with those cheap caribina type clips from the pound shop (ones like mountinering guys use for their ropes)

i will second these comments, i love mine, comfy warm and no problems with the zips so far

very nearly bought a pair of the Aigle Parcours Iso Opens (zipped) the other day. Decided I wanted the new Outlast lining version, which does not available in the Open model. Decided I could live without the zip, but they were very good. Chap in shop did say you have to keep the zips well cleaned and maintained else they seize and the zip gets broken.

Am very pleased with the Aigle Parcours Vario Outlast though. Just been for a good walk with the hound, snow and temps getting down to zero already. Feet were neither hot or cold, just how I like it, so this Outlast stuff does was it says on the tin.

I have the Aigle ISO Open's and they are fabulous - Since i was diagnosed as fat, they are really handy for their get off and on ability.

In all seriousness, I am a proper chubby chap and bending over leads to much beetrootness of the cheeks - With the zip they are so damned easy to get on and off - The zip also means that i can wear loads of socks over my outsize calves and zip them up as high as i need or not at all.

Recommended

Thank you very much gents, I really have to get something sorted as my current wellies are fine until it comes to get on/off time......at least it's a source of amusement to others I guess.

Fatcat' I am beginning to wonder about going to the doc's but fear of being professionally diagnosed as fat puts me off :hmm::good:

Mine came with a set of spare toggly things, so the makers must anticipate a few problems.

Cheers Rob.