Shooting with wabbitbosher

ochre

Wabbitbosher and I spent a day decoying pigeon in Northamptonshire. Excellent spot with loads of options. Had a good day - ended up with about 12 birds. Added bonus was we saw a large family of muntjac deer close up. Thanks - I hope to return the favour shortly!

Wabbitbosher and I spent a day decoying pigeon in Northamptonshire. Excellent spot with loads of options. Had a good day - ended up with about 12 birds. Added bonus was we saw a large family of muntjac deer close up. Thanks - I hope to return the favour shortly!

Top man

BOY can this dude shoot!!

Great day with a smashing chap!

WB

PS, of course i spent the day being gentlemanly and making sure my guest had a Great day , so consequently i didnt shoot as many as Ochre!

DOH!!!!!!!

:*) :*) :*) :*) :*) :*) :*)

• 3 weeks later...

Don`t think you saw `a large family of muntjac` as these deer breed every seven months and are very territorial, so youngsters find their own ground and don`t live in family groups. You would normally be lucky to find a doe and fawn at foot possible with a buck in tow, waiting to mate.

I'm no expect on our four-legged friends. It was nice to see 'em scampering about whatever they were. It could have been a large family of roe deer pretending to be muntjac - watch out for this new species of spooks. ???

They were Muntjac without doubt !

Mum n dad and three or four littleuns

WB

Muntjac are not herd animals and are solitary most of the time. They breed on a seven month cycle and as soon as the fawn is dropped the buck will serve her. Youngsters will leave to find their own territory and are made unwelcome. I would expect to find a doe with fawn at foot being courted by one or maybe two bucks but they do not go about in large family groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I too have enjoyed a couple of shooting forays with 'bosher, sound bloke like all the others I've met off this forum. Will have to get together again for another day when the rape shooting gets going, trouble is most of the rape around here is getting away at a rapid rate due to the mild weather.

Sounds like a plan OR

WB

• 2 weeks later...