help with my beretta

The Holy Goalie

If the cartridges have been hit cleanly in the middle of the primer with enough force then the problem is the cartridges.

If they havent been hit hard enough then its the gun.

You either need to go back to the gunsmith or get some more shells!

Edited by Goldfish

hows it goin,,,,a have a beretta urika s/a,,,keeps mis firing,,,had a new pin fitted was out on wednesday happened again,,,any ideas on wat might b wrong ,,,,,,,,,,,thanks <_<

Can I ask what the gunsmith had dianosed to fit a new pin? And you should speak with him again as perhaps it did not need a new pin and the problem was elsewhere, he should be sorting this as he took the problem on in the first place.

Did you run the misfired cartridges back through and did they fire second time around?

Is the mechanism cleaned then lubed and then gently wiped again? Do all the parts run freely?

yesterday i had the same thing on a couple of carts. bird coming in and click, nothing, swapped out carts and it did same thing.

what was different to the day before that!i stripped,cleaned the whole gun, then dry wipe with oil. gun in question was a U2. light oiling and today it was fine. but! a friend had the same problem today, what was different, stripped and cleaned with a dry oiling.his semi is a banelli(sp)

i dont know if it was the cold weather and ice with no oil on moving parts.

ATB

Phil.

I have a beretta urika 2 synthetic i would check the that the cartridges are right down the chamber if there is a build up on the rim round the cartridge this could push the cartridge back; unless thebolt is fully closed you will get misfires. I would also try drop a cartridge in the chamber (safe place of course) and seeing if is getting caught on anything, dont use the bolt but press with your finger to check wether it placed rightly.

I used to have cheap cartridges (steel) that had disc propelant and the burned discs used get caught all over the mechanism and get inbetween the workings, check everything over. If your current gunmith cannot do anything more maybe have it sent to a gmk gunsmith.

EDR