A good choice of gun?

joeainscow

I've never actually shot a side by side :good: I want to mainly use it on clays. Are SxS any good for that? I'd assume the barrels block out the target? Cheers for the advice though.

Joe

EDIT

"I find it strange that you need to share your finances with the rest of the world, especially when you seem to answer your own question on the gun your looking at! if it fits and its a nice gun what more do you need to know?

I'm not in favour of the catty attitude that sometimes appears on this site. But you seem to have left yourself open for attack. When you could of just asked a question about the gun itself. Instead you have come across as arrogant.

Please don't think i'm on the attack, but i too am thinking of purchasing a blaser and would of liked to hear some feedback!"

I was hoping to not come across as spoilt and arrogant by explaining how i could afford it and not pass it off as just some money. Mite of shot myself in the foot then. It's just if i had said i'm after a blaser then i expected several post saying that i'm spoilt ect? In regards to making my mind up, i'm far from it. I want to ensure that what i get is perfect for me. I've heard only ever positive or negative comments regarding the F3. There's no middle ground?

Joe

[/quote

i will be using the positive and the negative to help me decide, so wheres the essex mafia to help with their views on the gun ?

i dont feel its any bodies business where i or you get our money, so if i could afford it i would merely pose the question. Not give my life story, rubbing people up the wrong way. As views on the gun is what i want to know!

blimey....sometimes this site resembles a car one I used to frequent a lot, not so much now a load of belmers arrived!

On topic.....fair play to the OP. When I was at Uni i needed the loan as i got no spends from my parents and couldnt work as my course was intensive and not some dossy 5hrs/week effort!! Sounds like a sensible chap, any spare cash I had got spent down the bar.

If i had that kind of money for a new gun.....would probably look at a Beretta.

With regards sxs......for clays, you might find the barrels get a bit hot on a sxs.

yes most of them made in same factory but not all. i have no opinions on berettas. yes they are soundly built guns i know that. what is this s 682 tho?? wats the s? it must be the old silver action 682? i prefer them to the modern day 682 gold es. purebred competition guns, heavier too, which aint at all bad for the clays

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/3rdparty/Malmoguns/List.php

For some reason can't get the link to the S682. Its halfway down the beretta list.

"Stumacher" advice taken. cheers.

Joe

my dream gun is a perazzi mx8 a design classic a second hand one is about 3-4k and the older cheaper ones probably need teague chokes put in. I would big a little deeper and get one of them. One day I'll get one once I've got my kids through Uni!!

The reason i like the F3 and S682 is that the metal work is relatively plain. i don't like them being over ornate. I'd prefer to have a rubbish looking gun that mechanically was superior and handled well over a hand engraved gun.

joe

that particular model you saw is a trap gun. i assume you know the difference.

Field guns are lighter and tend to have shorter barrels. Where clay guns are heavier and longer barreled?? Thats what i've always been told?

has no one else got an opinion on either the brownings or blasers? The beretta's seem to be held in high regard.

Joe

Edited by joeainscow

Field guns are lighter and tend to have shorter barrels. Where clay guns are heavier and longer barreled?? Thats what i've always been told?

has no one else got an opinion on either the brownings or blasers? The beretta's seem to be held in high regard.

Joe

which is it you want though? a game gun or a pure competition gun? beauty of a browning 525 sporter is you get a good clay buster that dont look out of place at the game shoot. particularly higher grade ones, they are nicely engraved with nice wood.

also get your hands on all the models mentioned, blaser, miroku, browning, beretta, and try them. you cant beat a try before you buy. only you will know what is truly right gun for you. i suspect you wont be told by anyone on here anyway

i was always told that only the person holding the gun can tell if it's right for them. Confidence in the gun means confident shooting. I don't really know that much about different models so thought i'd see what is available for that sort of money and what other peoples opinions where. I know that some gunshops can be biased. Trust me i'm going to try every gun i can before i part with my money. I don't want to be in the guns for sale section in a month.

Joe

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge regarding classic cars? I like the flowing shapes ect far more than modern cars and their engineering simplicity. My dads having his first car he ever owned restored at the moment and i'm getting it as a sort of late 18th/family heirloom. The problem is he's said because of that i've got to pick the colour scheme. That means leather, carpets, hood, and bodywork colours. Does anyone have and ideas? Its a 1936 MG VA.

Joe

OOh look at me :good:

Last year I was gun hunting: I saw a number of nice F3s at 'reasonable money' that had been on the rack for some time. ... then I saw an article by Jason Harris pointing out how the latest model F3 Pro cured many of the faults of earlier models. Seemed to explain things ... nice gun that needed sorting and possible problems with earlier ones.... so late models could be a better bet.

Beretta 682s go back to the 80s with minor changes and several model/ configurations in the competition range. A good reputation earned over time so good ones tend not to sit around and hold their value.

I guess the same applies to the Browning Ultra and Miroku .. MK38s too?

Up a notch and you find DT10s, Perazzi, Kemen and .....

Its down to personal preference for your purpose and price range,

Last year I was gun hunting: I saw a number of nice F3s at 'reasonable money' that had been on the rack for some time. ... then I saw an article by Jason Harris pointing out how the latest model F3 Pro cured many of the faults of earlier models. Seemed to explain things ... nice gun that needed sorting and possible problems with earlier ones.... so late models could be a better bet.

Beretta 682s go back to the 80s with minor changes and several model/ configurations in the competition range. A good reputation earned over time so good ones tend not to sit around and hold their value.

I guess the same applies to the Browning Ultra and Miroku .. MK38s too?

Up a notch and you find DT10s, Perazzi, Kemen and .....

Its down to personal preference for your purpose and price range,

Is there anyway of telling the age of the guns? I know serial numbers will do this but what do you compare them against? Btw cheers for the great advice.

Joe

Edited by joeainscow