New permision

Dougy

I had a call from one of my permisions last week with regards Fox's being seen around the farm yard and i was asked if i had anything available other than a 22.250 that would sort out the problem, I needed to get the task done ASAP due to lambs being due anytime. Anyway it couldnt be CF as to the area so i opted to go with 22RF,

So i turned up at the farm after giving them a call as usual to let them know i was about and started a slow walk around the fields to see if i could pop off a few rabbits needed for my Local Pub (Restaurant), about an hour or so before charllie had been seen. Well after 1 1/2 hours and just 3 rabbits later, the rain started, only light at first but gradualy progressed into a rather uncomfortable scope clouding getting too wet session, so i decided to call it a night as far as the rabbits were concerned, thats 3 night with very low results.

So back to the yard and under shelter waiting for charlie, and waiting and waiting but no sign I'd had enough really mainly due to just coming off nights but also the weather didnt help. so i packed up, rabbits gutted gun back in the slip and drive out the yard, i thought I'd have a look into the neigbouring field over the road, wont do any harm, you never know i thought, so down with the window and a quick wizz round with the lamp, b###r me there in the far corner about 250yards away 2 pairs of eyes, i watched them for a while and gave them a quick squeak the one ran up to the right towards the hedge the other i lost somewhere. So there not playing on my permission, I called the farmer i had origanaly been to and asked whos field it was over the road, and explained that it would be safer and easier to control the Fox's on that land if it was possible, well i was given 2 phone numbers there and then and told to speak to this chap and mention to him how i came by his number, and well another big dollop of land adjoining 3 others in the area.

Paid the new Farmer a visit the following day with permision and map of his boundary's and jobs a gud un :yes:

Went out last night not with my 22lr but with a 22.250 and within an 1/2 an hour shot this Vixen, she lay in the bottom of a hedge head on facing so she didnt know much about it,

we left her there for about an hour to see if there were any dogs about, as you never know one may be tempted :good:.

A brill couple of nights really even though they havnt been big bags, and well chuffed onthe new permision :lol:

post-2987-1264756760.jpg

****** me, did you get that at the stables?? or is this a nice new bit of land alltogether?? See you soon mate, been trying to get out myself but cant find the time with exams and work at the mo.

Well done anyhow, another ****** off the patch.

Give us a ring when you get chance so I can get an excuse to 'make time', my trigger finger is getting mighty twitchy...

Will

****** me, did you get that at the stables?? or is this a nice new bit of land alltogether?? See you soon mate, been trying to get out myself but cant find the time with exams and work at the mo.

Well done anyhow, another ****** off the patch.

Give us a ring when you get chance so I can get an excuse to 'make time', my trigger finger is getting mighty twitchy...

Will

No it wasnt from the stables, not seen that one, its off another once i get to know where the gate ways ditches and most other hazards are i'll get you out,. I have been busy studying Google Earth checking out access around the place :blink: