Clay Shoot Colchester

haggis

• 1 month later...
The biggest draw for repeat visitors to a shooting website appears to be a "scores" page.

Yeah decided not to do that as did't want the whole world to know who shoots in a particular area of the country. Your right it would bring return visits.

Haggis.

From a design point of view, I dont like the clay shooting man in the pictures, it is very obviously photoshopped onto the backgrounds.

You have gone to a lot of effort, I would get some "real" (high quality) pictures once the sun comes out. The site looks nice apart from that. :hmm:

Link it to as many other shooting related sites as possible and send it as a press release to the shooting magazines. (add it to your forum signature as a link too).

A password protected page for the members might be an option to consider.

Yeah loads of things we could do with the site but we're a fairly small club and only wanted a map etc. Got to get some photo's uploaded of the ground from the next shoot.

From a design point of view, I dont like the clay shooting man in the pictures, it is very obviously photoshopped onto the backgrounds.

You have gone to a lot of effort, I would get some "real" (high quality) pictures once the sun comes out. The site looks nice apart from that. :hmm:

Link it to as many other shooting related sites as possible and send it as a press release to the shooting magazines. (add it to your forum signature as a link too).

Yeah thats me in the photo my mate did the photo shop bit.The site only cost the club around 7 pounds to do, so I suspose thats what you get!!

Cheers for the feed back.

It's so the school bullies would know where to "get you".

People who were concerned could just enter under Pseuds - I don't think it's CPSA affiliated so no need for cards, passes etc to be shown.

Regs,

Sir Digweed Maverick MBE CBE

Edited by Mungler

Forgive my ignorance but what issue would that create?

We are told by police not to keep details of members certs etc and are advised not to put name on web because someone might be able to work out where shotguns maybe kept, so if we wanted to put scores on there like previously mentioned a password system would be needed but for a club of ou size might be too much work for me to do.

Yeah thats me in the photo my mate did the photo shop bit.The site only cost the club around 7 pounds to do, so I suspose thats what you get!!

Cheers for the feed back.

Sorry, maybe it didnt come across but it was meant to be a positive view, I like the site. Get the same photo again but on a sunny day and with a real background. What about "Bradwell" in the background maybe ? :hmm::angry:

We can lend you a local Essex clay shooting celebrity head if you need it :lol:>SEE HERE<

What happened to my photo! There is no refund on my agency fees you know - I still want paying :angry:

Good to see you put some clothes on Hamish for your photo. Can you dress like that all the time from now on. Its so off putting watching you shoot in your Borat Thong. I am sure it explains the low attendance last time and was nothing to do with the torrential rain. :hmm::lol:

Looks good mate - well done for making the effort to sort it.

We are told by police not to keep details of members certs etc and are advised not to put name on web because someone might be able to work out where shotguns maybe kept, so if we wanted to put scores on there like previously mentioned a password system would be needed but for a club of ou size might be too much work for me to do.

That's daft.

Following people back from the clay shoot is more likely to be a threat.

That's daft.

Following people back from the clay shoot is more likely to be a threat.

Have to agree. Lots of publications and websites list names of winners, the CPSA website has thousands of 'em so this does seem a little over zealous. I'd be more worried about someone walking in and helping themselves to a prize from a gun rack :hmm:

I would add that I would like to get down to the Colchester shoot again - I have only shot it once, but the layout was seriously testing and worthwhile.

The only bit I didn't like was shooting "4 targets" on one stand and then 6 on another etc. It didn't help the consistency - most shoots generally throw 8, 10 or 12 birds per stand.

I would add that I would like to get down to the Colchester shoot again - I have only shot it once, but the layout was seriously testing and worthwhile.

The only bit I didn't like was shooting "4 targets" on one stand and then 6 on another etc. It didn't help the consistency - most shoots generally throw 8, 10 or 12 birds per stand.

That is why I don't shoot it very often. I understand why they have so many stands as it stops the large queues but it is always a good layout but I feel you don't learn anything if you get on a stand you can't find the "BIRDS" 2 or 3 pairs is not enough. They should keep the ammount of stands and up the birds to 4 pairs on each.

After all they charge enough for it. :good::lol: :lol:

Depends when but i would like to check it out too, never shot there.

That is why I don't shoot it very often. I understand why they have so many stands as it stops the large queues but it is always a good layout but I feel you don't learn anything if you get on a stand you can't find the "BIRDS" 2 or 3 pairs is not enough. They should keep the ammount of stands and up the birds to 4 pairs on each.

After all they charge enough for it. :good::lol: :lol:

If you were any good, you'd get on them after the first pair :lol::yes: :yes: :hmm: :hmm: :P

IMHO, 5 pairs is too many and 6 pairs is just plain bonkers :lol: At least 2-3 pairs gives you a good test of your ability :good:

ps. No - I haven't shot any 100 straights at sporting MC :lol:

I am a member and find it can be hard to find the clays in three pairs but it is the same for everyone and is always an enjoyable set up as it is set up by different member each time. As for the web site, looks good would be nice to have top two scores in each class listed no need for names just to check how I had done in my class. Well done Hamish