Energy drinks

Yorkshire Pudding

I'm going to get down "with the kids on the street" ( NOT like that you cheeky monkey !!! )

NRG drinks .

Which one ?

red rooster

Monster

red bull

relentless

rockstar

red devil

How come so many of them are called red XXXXX

Whats the word on this stuff ?

Which one works ?

How much are they ?

I see them in shops "my mums" costs 39p to Monster at close to £2 for F.. Sake i can go to the famous chain of drinking holes that are owned by a fella from oz and get change , from buying a pint . For the cost of some "pop" called Monster.

all the best yis yp :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Dont mean to rain on your parade but if you are not used to them dont do too many.Was in a medical journal I was reading recently a 28 year old healthy guy had a heart attack and died after 7 red bulls. Personally id leave them alaone, alcohol increases your heart rate then the energy drinks increase it even more.....dodgy stuff really :yes:

^^ agreed - banned in Norway and some US states. I got into drinking em when working like mad. Relentless is a nightmare. Ended up getting all arsey cos of so much caffine, and no sleep till 4am. It's almost psychotropic with all the **** in it.

Now, on occasion, I may a small Red Bull, but no more than 1, and before noon, otherwise I'm up till late. and defo not if you in anyway have an issue with blood pressure or your ticker.

Red rooster is a supermarket own brand. Relentless is cheap (relatively speaking of course) with a taste to match.

Red Bull is the original and is the nicest tasting. V isn't on the list and that is quite nice.

Of course I don't buy mind you, as is costs money. I don't do spending money. :rolleyes: And it kills you.

Guest Callum.

At school alot of people drink Relentless and Rockstar

I havent tried Relentless but there are different flavoured Rockstars and i found them VERY nice,.

Only a fan of isotonic drinks not these sorts of energy drinks so only had a little bit,not sure if high quantities.

Kick and KX is disgusting

I prefer coffee, but needs must :rolleyes:

the most of them taste the same (like red bull) but I like kick the best (tescos cheapy version)

and yes, it is very strong if you don't know what you're drinking. But I could easily drink a litre bottle of kick to get me through an exam day. The key is not to drink too much at once, or you'll end up with a trail of thought a mile wide. Don't be fooled though, the caffeine content in them is minuscule compared with a good strong coffee, I have done the maths before, but it's temporarily displaced.

They taste best from the can

They taste best out of the fridge

They go stale quickly, so drink up

The trick is to find one that matches your taste buds (sweetness wise)

I sometimes have a can of Rock*tar when I work in Cardiac Cath Lab. You have to wear lead gear and it can be deadly boring so I need the fluid and caffeine. As a drink it stinks and is overpriced so I get the one that is on offer.

Recently I have discovered the same effect from a pint mug of Tesco French coffee which I make double strength . Cheaper and nicer . You get used to the palpitations and the twitching after a while.

there used to be a thing on the market called 'cocaine' its had problems with its name being an issue (obviously) :rolleyes: I think it was renamed and repackaged but its this concentrated powder that you pour into orange juice or whatever tickles your fancy and make energy drinks to your own strength..

Think it turns out cheaper too then all of these big brand heart stoppers, you buy it online ill have a look

edit: found it, cocaine energy drink was banned but this isnt.. looks like the sites down at the mo but it looks like its still active BLOW

Edit: had another look it seems they have a new site HERE

Edited by Shuck.

there used to be a thing on the market called 'cocaine' its had problems with its name being an issue (obviously) :rolleyes: I think it was renamed and repackaged but its this concentrated powder that you pour into orange juice or whatever tickles your fancy and make energy drinks to your own strength..

Think it turns out cheaper too then all of these big brand heart stoppers, you buy it online ill have a look

:yes: Do you mean ultimate orange?

sounds dangerous, I want some :yes:

Yep Baz. 6 shifts a month. I can mount a JL 4 6 French with my eyes closed. Got a list tomorrow. Cant wait. Nice thing is I dont have to answer phones,reply to emails or fill in spread sheets on sickness or risk assess diarrhoea slippage on the new floors. All I do is patient care.

I can't believe people waste their cash on this foul tasting muck. And I'm allowed to say that, because I used to develop these drinks for a living. Most of the funky sounding ingredients are what we used to call 'label-active', and only there for marketing purposes. The only things in any of them that "do" anything at all apart from rehydrate you are the caffeine and the sugars. Caffeine works in a very similar way to cocaine, by the way, and in the same way the more you ingest the more you want. I wrote a trade magazine article on it once. You won't have read it, only about six people did, but I was quite proud of it at the time. I can tell you are all really impressed......